Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-11-2020, 04:39 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahcat View Post
Doesn’t that calculation presume that you are showering for 3 minutes with scalding hot water, with no mixing of cold?

See Post #4......

1999 21' Wildwood WDF21RK

2006 Dodge Ram 2500, 4x4, Quad cab, 5.9L Cummins, 3.73 gears.
rollscanardly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 10:25 AM   #42
Trailer Park Supervisor

Yep, I wasn't thinking on 8 cylinders about mixing water hot and cold. Interesting graph shows water consumption at both flow rates. The stated flow rate is at 80 psi. Obviously we don't use such high pressure, so flow rate is considerably less. I would in fact consider the higher flow rate model in this case. Not much difference between them anyway.
https://oxygenics.com/wp-content/upl..._SpecSheet.pdf
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 12:17 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollscanardly View Post
See Post #4......

Touché!
Old 02-11-2020, 12:33 PM   #44

Oxygenics Shower Head ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
Well, I assumed he was talking about the original, RV specific, one spray pattern Oxygenics head as opposed to the Fury. Seemed obvious to me in the context of this thread.
We have weight police, grammar police, so why not specificity police

We have the Oxigenics BodySpa RV. Is there a reason to toss that out in favor of the Fury, other than having multiple spray patterns? We have only used the BodySpa for one shower each. We bought our TT in late October and Winterized it in early November. We do the abbreviated showers, as described. We will be installing a replacement for our Thetford toilet with a Dometic 310 with a bidet spray attached to the seat bolts, which pre-augments the quick shower.
Old 02-11-2020, 12:52 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahcat View Post
We have the Oxigenics BodySpa RV. Is there a reason to toss that out in favor of the Fury, other than having multiple spray patterns? We have only used the BodySpa for one shower each. We bought our TT in late October and Winterized it in early November. We do the abbreviated showers, as described. We will be installing a replacement for our Thetford toilet with a Dometic 310 with a bidet spray attached to the seat bolts, which pre-augments the quick shower.
We still prefer the original, one spray pattern in the RV. We do use the multi spray pattern Oxygenics in the house. Don't remember which model. Funny thing is, with all the available spray patterns, we always use just one of them
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 06:19 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
I personally don't think one would notice the difference in volume between the two. Only about 3 cups of water per minute difference.

I'd stick with what you have and use the money on something else you really want and will return more value/performance.

NJKris also makes a valid argument about "cold showers" and small water heaters.
Correct.
hotrod4448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 03:51 PM   #47
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFD View Post
Those that have installed this shower head, does the tape they supply work to hold the mounting bracket to the shower wall? Or did you secure it with screws? Or were you able to use existing bracket?
I just reused the existing showerhead holder.

On my old rig, I added an extra (higher up so I could actually stand and shower) showerhead holder and used screws for that.
Old 02-12-2020, 08:01 PM   #48
WFD

Those walls are so terribly thin that it doesn't seen to be long before the screws start backing out and there isn't much there for them to bite.
Old 02-13-2020, 10:34 AM   #49

For my DW and I, the stock showerhead in our rig works just fine. Like a lot of other posts, we don't spend enough time in the RV shower that a multi-spray shower head and the like are going to make a difference. When we had one in our home, almost never did we ever change the flow pattern, and when traveling and staying in hotels again who changes the flow pattern found on most hotel showerheads?

Even when we have full hooks ups that would give you the opportunity to take longer showers both my DW and I try not to deviate from our normal routine, or, get too spoiled because the bulk of the campgrounds we stay at don't have full hook up luxury.
Kia Sportage on MasterTow Dolly
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 04:59 PM   #50

I don't have much to compare it to because we bought the fury model and installed it right away after buying the tt. I just used the showerhead holder that was already there (like Ependydad did). It worked fine. We do occasionally change the pattern and I do like the fury very much.

Chevy Express 3500 van
Palomino Solaire 251RBSS
Wherever you go, go with all your heart.
cincia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 09:19 PM   #51

So, in staying with the Oxygenics discussion, is the Oxygenics Body Spa for RVs a noticeably better shower than say a stock shower head?
We're also replacing the faucet with spout to a faucet without a spout. The stocker always trickled off pressure /water while showering. Also the hose outlet for the shower hose is on top of the faucet where the stocker shower hose outlet is underneath. I figure it will give us a few more inches of shower hose.
Whitaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 09:35 PM   #52

Definitely better than the stock shower head. When we first replaced our old trailer, the stock shower head water just ran straight down with no stream. Oxygen tics shoots out and we love it...
SLU2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 09:09 AM   #53

Whitaker, your current faucet dribbles water to keep the hot water hot. I thought the same thing as you with our previous rig when the showerhead always leaked as I thought only to find out why they are made that way.
Kia Sportage on MasterTow Dolly
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 10:06 AM   #54
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
Funny thing is, with all the available spray patterns, we always use just one of them

Ha! Isn't that the way it is? And the pattern you chose is probably the pattern put out by the fixed spray head!! LOL
1969 John Deere 1020, 1940 Ford 9N, 1948 Ford 8N
Jonsered 535, Can of WD-40, Duct Tape
Red Green coffee mugs
acadianbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 11:21 AM   #55

I have the stock shower head and one thing I discovered was that I didn't have the faucets turned open fully.

May sound obvious but ever since I turned the hot and cold fully open, and then adjusted for temperature, I find the water pressure even on 12V to be acceptable.

The hose length is less acceptable but I can deal with that.

I've decided to put money into other upgrades and maintenance.

Chris
Mohawk Luxury Vinyl Plank Flooring
2013 AWD Acadia Denali, Blue Ox Equipped
ChrisParise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 11:50 AM   #56
Site Team

We've changed to the Oxygenics Body Spa, on our current and previous trailer's. We are quite happy with them, especially the more forceful spray that stock ones were sadly lacking in.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 12:01 PM   #57

I see where several folks aren't happy with the shower head hose. Most are standard fittings and you can purchase any style, flexibility, or length you need.
Here are just a few from one source: https://www.homedepot.com/b/Bath-Bat...s/N-5yc1vZbrfn
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 12:39 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffywhitedogs View Post
Yea, this place has cost me a few bucks but I figure it’s saved me quite a bit, too!
Same here. Probably have spent as much as the TT cost.
Mike
2015 Sierra SLE 5.3 V8 4x4
Mike223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 12:56 PM   #59

A big difference is camp site water presure. Shower head helps but really works if you spend time to adjust how much presure you allow in I have checked my long term site and it is at 40 psi so I allow full presure in and now the shower presure is fantastic.
I do not think i would allow much more over 40 psi or need yo.
Kl859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 02:47 PM   #60

Resurrecting this line of discussion ...now with COVID we are showering in our camper only to stay safest possible and the showerhead sucks (in 7 yrs have probably used it only 5 times...we have always been pretty happy with CG showers).

So is the jury still out on BodySpa vs Fury model??? Looks like BodySpa adventure model sits right in the middle with 3 settings instead of 2. Tired of washing my hair off the hose cause shower doesn't have enough pressure to even begin to let me shampoo my hair.

Thanx!

Terri & Joe + Boont & Tasha
Camping a long weekend every month or so since May 2013 in our cute 21FBRS MicroLite to practice for retirement while living here in Florida
Joe is retired.... next camper ordered.... getting ready to change this signature really soon!
Life Without Whine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
show, shower