Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2020, 05:47 PM   #61

My shower head had a washer inside with a tiny hole. Took my drill and made the hole bigger and no more water flow problems.

2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
EQUALIZER E4 1200/12000
lbrjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 06:12 PM   #62

I have the factory standard shower head. Something that made it better was simply turning the water all the way on and adjusting the mix from there. It's not like a shower in the house but it did improve it enough for me.

Chris
Mohawk Luxury Vinyl Plank Flooring
2013 AWD Acadia Denali, Blue Ox Equipped
ChrisParise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 10:37 AM   #63

For the RV we still like the original, one spray pattern, Oxygenics shower head. Liz has long hair, and it's the only head that allows her to quickly and thoroughly rinse it. We have another Oxygenics head in the house with all the spray patterns. It just doesn't have a setting that equals the spray pattern/force of the original. And we always just use one pattern anyway, never use any of the others.
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 10:42 AM   #64
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Being that I never use cg bath houses I have always used the camper shower. I didliked the shower head that camp with new camper and reverted back to a started white camper shower head which supplys plenty of water. In fact last camper I installed a more conservative shower head to cut down water usage. I really don't see the need to Install a high priced shower head. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 11:00 AM   #65

I think the magic of the "expensive" Oxygnics Body SpaRV shower head, is that it gets you "wetter" with less water. For us, it was a night and day difference from the OEM shower head... they both have the same flow rate.

2018 Avenger ATI 27RBS
BriaBeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 03:57 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Life Without Whine View Post
Resurrecting this line of discussion ...now with COVID we are showering in our camper only to stay safest possible and the showerhead sucks (in 7 yrs have probably used it only 5 times...we have always been pretty happy with CG showers).

So is the jury still out on BodySpa vs Fury model??? Looks like BodySpa adventure model sits right in the middle with 3 settings instead of 2. Tired of washing my hair off the hose cause shower doesn't have enough pressure to even begin to let me shampoo my hair.

Thanx!
i changed out my body spa for the fury and it was worth the upgrade for me. we like the multiple selections better.
Old 07-29-2020, 06:50 PM   #67

We bought the Oxygenics with only a single pattern, mainly since it was the one we knew about. We never used the stock shower, after turning it on once and seeing it dribble. We both have long hair and we appreciate the intense stream of water. We can do without the multiple streams because we don’t ‘luxuriate’ in the tiny wet bath.
Old 07-30-2020, 11:35 AM   #68

Good to hear that you love your Oxygenics shower head. However, the reason the stock shower head dribbled water water is to keep the tempurture set between hot and cold as one would desire between shutting it off after wetting down and soaping up, sometimes called a Navy shower, and then turning back on for a fast rinse. I have an Oxy shower head in my rig and a seperate on/off valve and at times I have to be careful of the hot water when I turn it back on to rinse.
Kia Sportage on MasterTow Dolly
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 01:19 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman12 View Post
I have an Oxy shower head in my rig and a seperate on/off valve and at times I have to be careful of the hot water when I turn it back on to rinse.
Sounds like your shut off valve doesnt have a good seal. I have the same issue. Get temp correct, rinse and close valve to soap. Water isnt completly off and it drips/slow runs. When I open the shutoff, the water is considerably warmer for a few seconds.

I assumed this was just the water in the line warming up from hot water being a slightly higher pressure than the cold? I just hold my hand over it when I open the valve until it returns to normal.

Tags
show, shower