Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-18-2017, 12:28 AM   #1
Smaughz Eyez

Pipe underneath shower came off?

Hi guys,
I have a Forest River Rockwood 2304DS Ultra Lite that isn't even 6 months old. It's not my weekend toy though, I'm actually living in it & so far have loved it.
But I have run into a very serious problem and I'm wondering if I'll be footing the bill for this or if I will be able to get it fixed under warranty?
A pipe underneath the shower somehow slipped off of another pipe & water has filled up the underbelly & is pooled underneath the shower as well as the toilet & who can say where else. The pipe doesn't have any sealant on it. One of the pipes has threads on it but it doesn't screw onto the other pipe. It sort of screws onto itself & presses itself against the other pipe which is supposed to hold it in place. There is a rubber seal between the 2, sort of like an O-ring just bigger, but that was all yanked sideways from where the 2 pipes had slipped apart. The lower pipe doesn't slip onto the upper pipe easily because for some reason it seems to pull downwards pretty hard. I had to force it up onto the other one & hold it there while I spun the nut to tighten it down. I don't know how long they were separated but much longer than one showers worth that's for sure.
It seems to me that there should've been a sealant between those 2 pipes like all the ones underneath the sink have. Fixing this is going to be very expensive & I was hoping for some advice on this issue on warranty issues, warranty procedures, is this a warranty issue at all or considered an act of God, best ways to handle dealing with the service centers, what kind of cons do the dealer, the factory, or the service centers play, what are my rights and what parts am I responsible for before I call around to get it fixed? Also, what kind of trouble am I really facing with this? Will the floor have to be replaced? Will the walls have to come off?
I'm sure the place I bought it from would be the best place to go, but I really feel like that place is a pit of vipers & a den of thieves. I actually walked out & told them to screw themselves before I bought it. But after searching for as long as I did, when I found this trailer I knew it was the one I had been looking for & nobody else around my area had another, so I ended up going back & bought it from the vipers. If I do end up going there I want to be armed with information before I get there & not after.
Thanks for any advice you have on the matter. On any aspect at all would be welcome.
Richard
SmaughzEyez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 12:21 PM   #2
Site Team

That should be a warranty item for sure, but since you're living in it you may have to find another place to live while the dealer has the unit in their yard.

However, you may be able to talk Rockwood into authorizing a mobile repair person to come to your location and fix it.

You'll have to pay the service person, and then FR will reimburse you for the approved cost.

Can you post a picture of the part that's loose?

Tags
show, shower