Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2024, 06:23 PM   #1

Plumbing Antifreeze leak--Observation

I do not know exactly why this happened, but I thought I would share looking for a possible explanation or of it happens to someone else.....

I winterized the plumbing with RV antifreeze as I usually do. Started by blowing out all the lines then pumping in the propylene glycol rated to 50 below until every faucet ran pink.

We had some temperatures reach near -20 this winter. I went a checked a couple weeks after that and found drops of pink under many faucet fittings. I proceeded to get upset and think that someone sold me faulty antifreeze, but couldn't really do anything about checking it until weather warmed up.

Anyway, I finally went to de-winterize/sanitize the camper and see if I need to replace a bunch of fittings. I found no leaks at all and everything stays pressurized. My question is why? Did the extreme cold make the rubber washers shrink allowing the antifreeze to drip out? I can't think of any other explanation. Do any of you wise people know?

Tags
antifreeze, leak, plumbing