Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-21-2021, 08:59 AM   #1

Plumbing Problem

Frustrated 2021 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2614BS owner here.

Picked up my trailer from the dealer after waiting six months for warranty work. Took the trailer to a local campground to check everything out before taking heading out of town.

Connected city water, and everything worked fine for about five minutes. Then the galley sink water quit running, and the toilet wouldn't flush. Water still worked with bathroom sink and the shower.

Looked under the trailer to see if there was a leak, but didn't see anything (it was dark, and I didn't crawl under). There was water under the trailer, but it could have come from the campground water supply as the ground was very wet around the source.

Any thoughts as to where the most likely source of water leak might be?
Why would only the bathroom sink and shower continue to work?
Any other ideas?
ddobis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 09:06 AM   #2
Site Team

It's possible you have debris in your lines. For the sink, see if you can take off the aerator and clean it out.
Iwritecode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 09:06 AM   #3

Welcome. Doesnt sound for sure you know there is a leak in the trailer? Could be leaking at the campground hook up hense wet ground and no water in the unit? For the life of me I cant think why if you were hooked up to city water and it was working it woudl quit working in 1/2 the trailer.
Kimber45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 11:32 AM   #4

Partial success

Thanks for your help.

Verified there’s no leak.

Cleaned out the kitchen sink aerator and that now works. So I have water to both sinks and shower.
Still nothing to the toilet.

Thoughts?
ddobis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 11:38 AM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddobis View Post
Thanks for your help.

Verified there’s no leak.

Cleaned out the kitchen sink aerator and that now works. So I have water to both sinks and shower.
Still nothing to the toilet.

Thoughts?
Probably the same issue with the toilet. Check the water supply line. Depending on which toilet you have, it should be somewhere close to the floor toward the back of it.
Iwritecode is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
plumbing