RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 12-26-2020, 09:47 PM   #1

Plumbing Problem! Please Help!

I have a 2017 Rockwood M-8335BSS. There is a small space of carpet between the bathroom wall and the base of the bed (approximately 12 inches). I noticed the carpet was soaking wet. Expecting a leak, I checked all water lines in and out and could not locate anything. I even took the covering off the bottom of the RV to see if I could detect any water but oddly enough there is literally NO water dripping down anywhere and it is only being soaked up by the small amount of carpet between the bathroom wall and bed. I'm losing my mind trying to figure this out. Thank you in advance.
backtheblue79534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 10:11 PM   #2

Suspect the shower glass to shower pan/floor seal. Ours was leaking from there. A small bead of clear silicone the factory had missed a spot toward a corner.
Also, a previous camper the shower faucet was leaking behind the faucet into the wall and down. After removing the faucet from the wall it the lines behind it were loose. I reinstalled it with the shower hose connection pointed down instead of up to keep water dripping off the faucet instead of running down and around the rear of the faucet and a touch of silicone behind it when reinstalling it. New camper probably needs the faucet flip and seal inspection done also.
Old 12-27-2020, 12:44 AM   #3

Simplewon thank you for the advice, I will check it out. It is approximately 4 feet from the edge of my shower to the wall I was talking about. There is absolutely no moisture in between the shower to the sink, all the plumbing under the sink and to the wall. It's only wet in that one spot. I'm confused lol.
backtheblue79534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 12:56 AM   #4

Do you have a black tank flush system? Have you used it recently? Sometimes they fail or leak and can be installed behind the shower wall. Just a thought..
RadMini Stepthru eBikes

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 09:22 AM   #5

Has it rained while you have been out? It cold be a leak around the slide out. Also check the seal on the door to the outside storage, it looks possible water could get in there and make it’s way across to where you are seeing it.

Looking at the floor plan for your model it doesn’t look like there would be much for plumbing in that area unless there is a tank under the rear.
DougW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 09:26 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougW View Post
Has it rained while you have been out? It cold be a leak around the slide out. Also check the seal on the door to the outside storage, it looks possible water could get in there and make itís way across to where you are seeing it.

Looking at the floor plan for your model it doesnít look like there would be much for plumbing in that area unless there is a tank under the rear.
I would suspect a slide leak, also.

Bruce
Old 12-27-2020, 10:39 AM   #7

Is your refrigerator outside drain tube hanging outside of the trailer so it can drip on ground , or in the cup inside fridge. Ruined floor in a trailer i owned. I have seen many trailers with this tube just curled up inside of fridge outside door.
Thomas ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 02:52 PM   #8

Just a random thought for you. Before I give details, I will just say we camped with an inexperienced guest one time. Explained the navy shower routine.

Individual took shower, turned water on by valves, then used shower nozzle button to turn water off, not shower valves. Stayed that way overnight.
Next morning the bedroom floor was soaked (next to water heater).

Checked all pipes and connections, especially at water heater, nothing loose and no signs of leaks. Soaked up water, checked valves in bathroom shower and nozzle. Corrected problem and never had that issue again rest of week.

As a precaution, RV was still under warranty, so brought to dealer, explained problem. His first question was, did you shut shower off by valves or shower nozzle button?
Dealer did check plumbing and door seals to the point of spraying water on shower walls and door to check for leaks. Nothing found.

In conclusion, guess somewhere there was a relief of pressure. Never did find. Next question, did dealer find more than letting on. I'll never know.

I wish I started camping earlier in life
KEN9XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 03:47 PM   #9

Check to see if foot pedal on toilet leaks when held down to fill bowl. Ours does and water migrates toward wall.
Gmar60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 04:45 PM   #10

Our inlet for city water failed and the leak traveled to my pantry...not that close. Good luck..
BuffaloBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 09:37 AM   #11

Let me start by saying that I do not have good suggestion of what is causing your leak. There were good suggestions posted as to what might cause it. They seem divided between water infiltration from outside water and internal plumbing leaks.

My wife suggested adding some colored food dye to the fresh water tank and see if the colored water shows up on your wet floor. It would not tell you what is causing the leak, but it would give you an idea of where to concentrate your efforts.
Old 12-28-2020, 11:59 AM   #12

Perkd's is thinking the same thing I was thinking. I would use the antifreeze hose and pump the food colored water in. Check that the food coloring will not stain the carpet.
Grumpy7159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 05:25 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkd View Post
Let me start by saying that I do not have good suggestion of what is causing your leak. There were good suggestions posted as to what might cause it. They seem divided between water infiltration from outside water and internal plumbing leaks.

My wife suggested adding some colored food dye to the fresh water tank and see if the colored water shows up on your wet floor. It would not tell you what is causing the leak, but it would give you an idea of where to concentrate your efforts.
Chlorine test strips will do the same thing if your water is chlorinated at all. This way you donít have to worry about staining anything.

Bruce
Old 01-04-2021, 07:49 PM   #14

This happened to us. Only way we knew we had a roof leak was the carpet was wet.
mariawrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 09:12 PM   #15

Water Leak

Do you have a slideout where the bottom of the slide is above the floor? We have a leak there when it rains (sometimes). Those slide seals were not installed properly on many units on the bottom. Took us forever to figure it out. Always saw the water after the drips on the wall had dried.
SNHIPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 07:11 AM   #16

LEAKING ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtheblue79534 View Post
I have a 2017 Rockwood M-8335BSS. There is a small space of carpet between the bathroom wall and the base of the bed (approximately 12 inches). I noticed the carpet was soaking wet. Expecting a leak, I checked all water lines in and out and could not locate anything. I even took the covering off the bottom of the RV to see if I could detect any water but oddly enough there is literally NO water dripping down anywhere and it is only being soaked up by the small amount of carpet between the bathroom wall and bed. I'm losing my mind trying to figure this out. Thank you in advance.
LOOK AT THE CITY WATER ON OUT SIDE OF CAMPER ?
NOW LOOK TO SEE IF THE CITY WATER INLET IS IN THAT AREA ON THE INSIDE..
THEY USED A INFERIOR PLASTIC CITY INLET ON MINE AN PIPE LOOSENED UP AND LEEKED
Old 01-05-2021, 09:29 AM   #17

If the carpet is wettest along the side of the bed, I would suspect rain leaking in from the slide seal. Pay particular attention to the top of the slide. Sometimes the seal stays curled and needs to be pulled out to seal.
If it is wettest at the foot of the bed, I would look for a leak from the toilet.
Goldwing 1800GL
Wilco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 09:31 AM   #18
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOO-BOO-IS-IN-CAMP View Post
LOOK AT THE CITY WATER ON OUT SIDE OF CAMPER ?
NOW LOOK TO SEE IF THE CITY WATER INLET IS IN THAT AREA ON THE INSIDE..
THEY USED A INFERIOR PLASTIC CITY INLET ON MINE AN PIPE LOOSENED UP AND LEEKED
Just a note...
Typing in ALL CAPS on an internet forum is considered SHOUTING.
TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater - Sinemate 3500w Gen.

Days Camped: '18=51 '19=58 '20=110 '21=15
5picker is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
plumbing