Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-02-2016, 07:46 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by itat View Post
Rockfordroo, I don't think the OP's setup has a valve on grey tank #2, just the single valve at the outlet.
In his original post, he said, "However, I also have another gray valve located near the rear of my TT."

So I'm assuming the rear tank has its own valve. Actually if that's true, if he leaves that one open and the one in the video closed, he's essentially cross-tying both gray tanks. There are people on the forum that would kill for that ability!

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 08:49 PM   #22

On my 5ers I've always had 3 dumps. 2 grey, bath and galley, one black main. Now on the cottage I see four. Washer dryer wich is new, galley and shower grey and black. I'm planning on leaving w/d always open. Dont have them, who cares. Both greys will be closed with black, so I can dump the black, then flush with grey. However. I need to look at it a bit more, but I think I will be keeping the black closed, until full. Then both greys stay open all the time, just drain free. When I dump the black, I do the tank clean flush and that should be fine. For 15 minutes that should suffice. The TT valves, are well under the slides vs a 5er. I'm not crawling on my belly like a reptile every time to dump them vs the 5. That's just stupid imo. Since we're seasonal. Drains always there. I don't need the greys to wash the pipe from the black if I flush.at each black dump. But in ANY case, it all drains to a 3 inch. I've only drained to 4 before this. Bigger was always better in my view. Dont go there.
Mdaniels4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 08:58 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLewie View Post
And my fiver has 1 black and two grey tanks, each with its own flush valve, but all are combined into one sewer hose outlet. One grey is for the kitchen and the other is for the shower. After 5 years if RVing, I still haven't figured out where the bathroom sink empties. Anyway, I've handled all tanks the same way. I keep all closed when camping. On dumping I first empty the black tank, then the sink tank, which helps wash out the drain hose, then the shower tank which finishes the job. The issue of open or closed tanks while camping is one of those things that there are two opinions about, but I go with the theory that the solids from the black tank empty better when there's a bunch of water in there, and that the spurt of grey water helps wash out all the pipes and the hose.
You're bath sink and the shower are linked to the main grey tank. The toilet is the only thing in the black tank. That's it. The only reason you have a galley grey is that it's so far away. If you have 2 baths then you may have a split system but again, both toilets are going into one black. I've never seen two blacks. Multiple greys. One black.
Mdaniels4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 04:56 AM   #24

When I purchased my first rv (tt), I learned real quickly that the bath grey water tank filled so quickly that it had to be drained every day, while my black water tank didn't need to be drained once a week. So rather than filling up my shower pan after every second shower, I found it easiest to just keep the grey water draining all the time. The night before we were leaving the campground, I'd close the valve so that I'd have water to flush the hose after dumping the black water tank. I did the same with the galley tank valve. Don't ever not close the grey water valves prior to dumping the black water tank so as to avoid contaminating the grey tanks with black water. Just my 2 cents worth.
Schvarak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
plumbing