Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-19-2014, 10:31 AM   #1

plumbing repair kit?

Hey all! I was geeking out too much on this forum in the Fall, and had to go cold-turkey. But it's camping season again so I'm back!

I'm taking our 2014 Roo 183 out for it's first LONG trip (Utah) next week for spring break. Annoyingly, it's just not getting warm enough to de-winterize here in CO before I set out. So I'll be de-winterizing the plumbing once there.

It got me to thinking: Do any of you have a little plumbing repair kit that you bring along? Could you share what it includes?

I do all our plumbing at the house, so I'm not scared of it, but the plumbing in my RV is something much different. I have a really wonderful hardware by work where I could pick up what I need.....but I'm not even sure what the tubing type is in my trailer!

Thanks for the help, as always.
TT 2014 Rockwood Roo 183
TV 2012 Nissan Armada
EricInColorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 10:43 AM   #2

Yes Herk has a KIT and it is posted. Look it up under Search. Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:08 AM   #3

pex tubing in camper.

I talked to a RV Tech a few days ago about the shark teeth couplings for the campers. He said he would not advise it because in the winter when it is cold the pex piping will change its' size a small amount and the shark teeth could 'relax' a little and in the spring when pressure is put on the system the shark teeth fitting may blow off.

I am not saying anything bad about Herks kit at all,as I am trying to put a kit together. I had asked the RV tech to put several shut off valves in several places on my unit and I had bought the shark tooth styl. He said that he would not put any shark teeth shut off or coupling on my unit. I had asked him to do it and he refused because of the reason above. I am now looking at other options. I use this RV tech ever now and then and the last thing that I want to do is to get him POed.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:48 AM   #4

Thanks for the info, all! Any idea what SIZE pex I might have? Is there a standard size they use? My camper is not easily accessed to measure it.....
TT 2014 Rockwood Roo 183
TV 2012 Nissan Armada
EricInColorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:52 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricInColorado View Post
Thanks for the info, all! Any idea what SIZE pex I might have? Is there a standard size they use? My camper is not easily accessed to measure it.....
Look under the bath sink for your size, you can read it on the side of the hose.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
plumbing, repair