Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2020, 09:24 AM   #1

priming pump

25 years with Jayco popup - now 1st year with 2019 2104s MiniLite. Have read LOTS of great maintenance/repair threads and now looking for clarification on winterizing procedure. Specifically around need to low pressure clear lines first and then using anti- freeze port to fill lines/traps.
My worry/question is this - if I blow out most water first - will pump self prime to pull antifreeze from bottle connected to antifreeze port. My pump, at times, seems a little finiky staying primed from fresh water tank so worried how it will handle blown out lines then trying to pull from antifreeze bottle through port. Have read threads on "priming" pump by taking off and filling lines manually - but only access is small cupboard door on floor so want to avoid that. Appreciate any thoughts/ideas/tips - and apologizing in advance if this post gives anyone opportunity to get upset with it.
Normutah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 09:27 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normutah View Post
25 years with Jayco popup - now 1st year with 2019 2104s MiniLite. Have read LOTS of great maintenance/repair threads and now looking for clarification on winterizing procedure. Specifically around need to low pressure clear lines first and then using anti- freeze port to fill lines/traps.
My worry/question is this - if I blow out most water first - will pump self prime to pull antifreeze from bottle connected to antifreeze port. My pump, at times, seems a little finiky staying primed from fresh water tank so worried how it will handle blown out lines then trying to pull from antifreeze bottle through port. Have read threads on "priming" pump by taking off and filling lines manually - but only access is small cupboard door on floor so want to avoid that. Appreciate any thoughts/ideas/tips - and apologizing in advance if this post gives anyone opportunity to get upset with it.
Self priming pumps so no worries . if you have issues from fresh water tank could be air leak are long draw from tank to pump
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 09:48 AM   #3

Can always bypass blowing out the lines first and just pump the AF and bleed each faucet really good. That's how I always did it and barely used 3 gals of AF. Mostly it was about 2.5+ gallons.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pump