Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-13-2020, 08:52 PM   #1

Pump lost prime on brand new trailer, first trip

As the title says the pump lost its prime on a 2021 E Pro 16bh. It was our very first trip out and we lost all water pressure. The pump was completely dry. Catch filter on inlet side was clean, It was only the first fresh water tank. We only ran about 1/3 of the fresh water tank when this happened. I can't for the life of me get the pump to prime. I have read a lot of different ways of doing it on different trailers. Anyone have experience with our trailers set up? I checked all fittings, they were tight, no leaks anywhere. The water filter in the back storage compartment was empty as well. Very frustrating considering its a 2021 and it was our very first trip. I was thinking about calling the dealership but I refuse to pull any more cash out of my pocket. Thanks for reading!
MrShmichaelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 10:03 PM   #2

I have a Wildwood that had the same exact problem it turned out to be the pressure switch on the inside of the pump was stuck I found a video on YouTube how to unstick the pressure switch now it works fine. I have a Shurflo water pump
Gdub2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 07:40 AM   #3

Our trailer has a shurflo pump too. I will look into it. Thanks for the info
MrShmichaelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 08:11 PM   #4

Here is the YouTube channel it's Mountaineer Outdoors. RV water pump troubleshooting is the name of the video.that's what was wrong with mine don't know if it's what's wrong with yours but it's worth a try .
Gdub2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
first trip, pump, trailer