RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 11-22-2020, 09:19 PM   #21
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ1 View Post
Having this issue tonight. Water spits and sputters air and little water. I checked all valves. Not pulling from antifreeze hose. All valves correct to water heater. Water heater bypass closed.

From above possibly a priming issue, but Iím not clear on how to do that. Help please?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfPaq82 View Post
6 months and still having the same problem ??
DJ1 is not the original poster in this thread.
TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater - Sinemate 3500w Gen.

Days Camped: '18=51 '19=58 '20=110 '21=21
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 09:24 PM   #22
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ1 View Post
Having this issue tonight. Water spits and sputters air and little water. I checked all valves. Not pulling from antifreeze hose. All valves correct to water heater. Water heater bypass closed.

From above possibly a priming issue, but Iím not clear on how to do that. Help please?
I know you've been asked about water in the tank and trust me you wouldn't be the first to believe you did when you don't especially if you are relying on the notoriously inaccurate indicator lights.

Also... are you in a climate where this time of year the suction line could be partially frozen?
TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater - Sinemate 3500w Gen.

Days Camped: '18=51 '19=58 '20=110 '21=21
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 01:38 PM   #23
DJ1

No, new person, same issue. Iíve cleaned screen, checked for proper valve placement. Primed it at the screen connection. Checked for leaks. Still no pressure, spits and sputters.

Little more background. New owner of this used 1809s mini lite. It sat for approximately 4 years winterized. Hooked up to city water, no issues. The diaphragm looked fine. Worked the valve within pump, seemed fine. I put water in jug and hooked up to antifreeze hose. Sucked up the water, no problem. I had completely drained system thinking I was ready to winterize, then decided to do another trip. One other thing, due to winterizing, there is not a water filter in the canister. And I had drained the water heater.

Any suggestions?
DJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 04:46 PM   #24
DJ1

No Wolf, same issue, different person. TitanMike, pump never shuts off. I cleaned sediment bowl. Does have water. I inspected membrane and valve in pump and seem to be in good shape. I tried bypassing water heater, got same spitting and spurting. I think youíre right, something wrong in suction line. Couple RV rookie questions 1. There is no water cartridge in the water cartridge housing. That matter? 2. Does the outside water connection need to be closed or capped? 3. Previous owner let this camper sit winterized for approximately 4 years. Any specific issues this creates? 4. I had drained everything, including water heater, expecting to winterize it for season. Decided to get one more trip in. This campground has their water on site shut off for season; hence the first time Iíve attempted to pull water from tank. Owned it for 3 weeks.

Any other suggestions, Iím open. Thx!
Old 11-23-2020, 04:51 PM   #25
DJ1

5picker, yep got water. I climbed underneath and checked. Didn’t see any evidence of suction line damage.
Old 11-23-2020, 04:52 PM   #26
DJ1

Oh, and not cold enough to freeze suction line quite yet. But soon!
Old 11-24-2020, 09:05 PM   #27
DJ1

Final update. Got it working. One of those repairs, I did so many things, not exactly sure which one fixed it. I brought it home and again filled the tank. Same spitting/sputtering. I ran water into the city water line, thinking I’d ensure the system was full of water. Disconnected and turned pump on, same issue. I pulled the pump, and again took it apart - blew out membrane and screen, checked the check valve. Redid all connections from water line to/from pump. Reconnected. Same issue. With each attempted repair, I would run pump with cold faucets open. Was about ready to give up. On this last attempt, I left pump running, faucet spitting and sputtering. Went to fresh water tank fill and put the hose in. Filled it till it was overflowing. Went back in and I had the best water flow from kitchen faucet I’d had yet. I shut the water off, and a few seconds later, the pump shut off for the first time. I went to bathroom faucet and it did the same. Shower the same. The system was finally primed!

Tags
fresh water, pump, tank, water, water tank