Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2021, 11:16 AM   #1

pumping water

Just wondering, is there a way to use the water pump in my Rockwood 2305 to suck in water from my 7 gallon water jugs? I tried it the other day while dry camping and couldn't make it work by attaching the hose to the winterize inlet and switching the lever next to the pump but alas nothing happens...unless I open a faucet but then that is defeating the purpose of adding water to the fresh water tank.
Any way, will I have to buy a 12V pump to run off the batteries? Or is there a way to do otherwise?
Cobraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 11:56 AM   #2

If you have an outside shower, you can adapt that to run a hose from it to your fresh water fill port. Suck the water out of the bottles like you did with the antifreeze suction selection at your pump.

Bruce
Old 08-01-2021, 04:39 PM   #3
Trailer Park Supervisor

If u have a shower miser, you can flip it on and the water will divert to fresh tank as you pump it from antifreeze port. So I've read here.
Old 08-01-2021, 09:33 PM   #4

Buy a second pump that matches your existing pump, them you have a spare incase you have any problems in the future.
MtBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 11:57 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtBiker View Post
Buy a second pump that matches your existing pump, them you have a spare incase you have any problems in the future.
X2 on the second pump. We were getting low tonight, and even with heading home tomorrow, we opted to add some. Took about 5 minutes to set everything up, then we added about 13 gallons, in less time than I could even finish a cold one. Cleaned up was about another 5 minutes. Way easier, IMO, than trying to balance a pop bottle beside the trailer. Ours needs some pressure yo get it to the water tank (not gravity)..
glen1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 12:00 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad297 View Post
If you have an outside shower, you can adapt that to run a hose from it to your fresh water fill port. Suck the water out of the bottles like you did with the antifreeze suction selection at your pump.

Bruce
I see what your saying, the other day I used the spigot on the 7 gallon water jug then used one of those neat little rubber "water bandit" this thing:
https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Connect...7923329&sr=8-2

used the regular 25' water hose from it to the fresh water inlet and left the water carriers on the tailgate of the truck and that gave me enough lift to empty them in about 5 minutes each. very little spillage, so I think I will just stick with the tried and true medhod.
Cobraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 12:18 PM   #7
Pickin', Campin', Mason

If you have a winterization port on the outside of your R/V or similar, you can use the winterization port and a short hose to suck the water from your 7 gallon jug by simply turning the lever on the winterization valve.

The pump doesn't care whether it pulls water from the fresh tank or the jug. You'll have to move the hose to another jug once it's empty. This is how I do it to conserve battery resources when boondocking. No need to pump it twice that way. (out of the jug into the fresh tank and then from the fresh tank to use)
TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater - Sinemate 3500w Gen.

Days Camped: '18=51 '19=58 '20=110 '21=98
5picker is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
pump, water