Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2012, 06:04 PM   #61
Jack of All Trades
 
RJHuser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Williston, Florida
Posts: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnnc View Post
f1100turbo, my DW came from a family of 4 girls (no boys) and of course her mother and none of the 4 daughters to this day (oldest 78, youngest 69) (mother passed on) put tp in the stool. They all put it in a garbage can. In the camper, I even go along with the practice. We use it for 1 & 2 only, no tp. DW always lines the garbage can with Wally World sacks and ties a knot in the bag and puts it in a larger can. Even does it at home where my tp goes down the drain. Guess it is hard to break her upbringing.
I was brought up on a farm - cattle, horses, sheep, chickens, cats, dogs (only animal we never raised were hogs) - and had to deal with the "by-products" of the animals every day, so not much grosses me out.

Sorry, Dunnnc, but that grosses me out, no way I could have that in my permanent or mobile houses!

As for using the toilet for #1 and #2 in the coach, that was one of the main reasons we bought a self-contained unit. I like MY toilet seat, not one used by the unwashed masses. (Just like I like MY bed - I traveled the world for years in my job, and lived in Hotels/Motels (some 4-5 star, many 0 to -5 star) but I still prefer MY sheets, MY pillows and MY blankets to theirs.)

As far as dumping the black tank, to me its no worse than when back on the farm dealing with the manure. I don't worry about using gloves (I didn't use gloves when I deposited it in the black tank)' I just make sure I wash my hand with soap and water when I get done.

Just sayin'
__________________
Rick & Debbie; Brandy Schnoodle & Bucky (Dexter & Fritz R.I.P.) the Doxie "Kids"
2015 Jayco Pinnacle 36RSQS 5'er
2018 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD, 6.6L Diesel Dually; B&W Companion 5'er hitch
ScanGauge, TST 507 TPMS
RJHuser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:18 PM   #62
member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHuser View Post
I was brought up on a farm - cattle, horses, sheep, chickens, cats, dogs (only animal we never raised were hogs) - and had to deal with the "by-products" of the animals every day, so not much grosses me out.

Sorry, Dunnnc, but that grosses me out, no way I could have that in my permanent or mobile houses!

As for using the toilet for #1 and #2 in the coach, that was one of the main reasons we bought a self-contained unit. I like MY toilet seat, not one used by the unwashed masses. (Just like I like MY bed - I traveled the world for years in my job, and lived in Hotels/Motels (some 4-5 star, many 0 to -5 star) but I still prefer MY sheets, MY pillows and MY blankets to theirs.)

As far as dumping the black tank, to me its no worse than when back on the farm dealing with the manure. I don't worry about using gloves (I didn't use gloves when I deposited it in the black tank)' I just make sure I wash my hand with soap and water when I get done.

Just sayin'
X10
__________________
2019 Cedar Creek Silverback 31IKS
2017 F 250 6.2 gas 4.30 8' bed
HIDE OUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:21 PM   #63
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,504
Well To tell you the truth I still live on a farm ! so Poo is no unfamiliar territory to me !
Its just my rule and IM stick-in to it !
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:38 PM   #64
Senior Member
 
Oakman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Jefferson County, MO
Posts: 5,422
Wow, 7 pages of responses to this thread on "poo." No one can tell us we don't know s_it!
__________________


Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:49 PM   #65
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,504
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakman View Post
wow, 7 pages of responses to this thread on "poo." no one can tell us we don't know s_it! :d

Name:   winking_smiley.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  9.0 KB
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:49 PM   #66
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: North Florida
Posts: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
Wow, 7 pages of responses to this thread on "poo." No one can tell us we don't know s_it!

Funny!!

I'm the OP to this "poo-talk" and am happy as a pig in s*** over it all.

Thank you all for the constipation..... errr.. I mean conversation.

James

Disclaimer: The above post was an attempt at humor and should not be considered actual humor in any way.
DSN46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:50 PM   #67
Member
 
kingranch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 75
Or give a s&@t lol
kingranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:54 PM   #68
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,504
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSN46 View Post
Funny!!

I'm the OP to this "poo-talk" and am happy as a pig in s*** over it all.

Thank you all for the constipation..... errr.. I mean conversation.

James

Disclaimer: The above post was an attempt at humor and should not be considered actual humor in any way.
got more than ya bargained for in this crappy thread !
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:05 PM   #69
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: North Florida
Posts: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
got more than ya bargained for in this crappy thread !
Now THAT'S funny

All we need now is Buck Owens, Grandpa, Junior Samples and the rest of the Hee Haw gang!
DSN46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:11 PM   #70
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,504
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSN46 View Post
Now THAT'S funny

All we need now is Buck Owens, Grandpa, Junior Samples and the rest of the Hee Haw gang!
Either that or JED, DAISEY MAY MOSES, ELLY MAY and JETHRO and we gots us a party!
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:20 PM   #71
Senior Member
 
GASPEDDLER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 755
I'm sitting here waiting for the Spurs game to start with the volume turned down reading this thread to my wife and kids....they can't stop laughing! Funny s_it guys!
__________________

2012 F-350 4x4 King Ranch Super Duty CC 6.7 Turbo Diesel 3.55 e-locker
2011 Palomino Puma 30KFBDS with Side Paw Kitchen and Bunkhouse
Equalizer E2 Hitch
GASPEDDLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:54 PM   #72
Site Team
 
bikendan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Goodyear, Arizona
Posts: 28,744
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeagleIL View Post
I find it amazing that people would not use the toilet. A bathroom with a door was the only way my wife would consider purchasing a trailer.
like i said, when it comes to black water/tank, some people just get freaked out about it.
i totally agree about why people choose to use the toilet for only #1.

but so many people are germaphobes and the thought of dumping their black tank is too much for them.
__________________
Dan-Retired California Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:15 PM   #73
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,504
eddie has no problem !
Click image for larger version

Name:	eddie.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	12669
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:27 PM   #74
Senior Member
 
cre10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
eddie has no problem !
Attachment 12669
Eddie is my hero.
__________________
2012 Chevy 3500 Duramax Crew Cab Z71 LTZ SRW
2012 Cherokee Grey Wolf 28BH
2011 F-250 6.2 Gas
2001 F-350 Powerstroke
1995 F-350 7.5L 460
Numerous Ford and New Holland Tractors up to 135hp. Bobcat 773.
cre10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:41 PM   #75
Jack of All Trades
 
RJHuser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Williston, Florida
Posts: 317
Class A HazMat Suit $2275 (SCBA extra)
Attached Images
 
__________________
Rick & Debbie; Brandy Schnoodle & Bucky (Dexter & Fritz R.I.P.) the Doxie "Kids"
2015 Jayco Pinnacle 36RSQS 5'er
2018 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD, 6.6L Diesel Dually; B&W Companion 5'er hitch
ScanGauge, TST 507 TPMS
RJHuser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:09 AM   #76
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2
Question-Still new to this and don't know POO about Poo. When you go #2 and use toilet paper and then you drain the line, do you wash the poo out or does it have to be broken down with the chemicals before it goes down the drain when you dump the lines?
Rough-n-it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:52 AM   #77
Senior Member
 
caper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,030
The black tank should be 3/4 full before dumping. The fluids in the tank till flush most of the solid out. You can dump 5 gal. of water down the toilet after it has finished draining the sudden rush of water will rinse most of the remaining solids out. After dumping close valve and add about 2 gal. of water to the black tank.
__________________
Terry and Janet
2008 3001W Windjammer
2007 Ford F150
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:52 AM   #78
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rough-n-it
Question-Still new to this and don't know POO about Poo. When you go #2 and use toilet paper and then you drain the line, do you wash the poo out or does it have to be broken down with the chemicals before it goes down the drain when you dump the lines?
Most of the chemicals (and there are lots of options) are about odor control, not breaking down solids. The major exception that comes to my mind is rv Digest-it.
The TP dissolves in water, and if you use lots of water, the solids will go out the drain with everything else.
Did I say use lots of water? I meant lots and lots of water!
__________________
Dave Stenhouse
2008 Rockwood 8315SS
2005 F-250
House97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:26 AM   #79
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: North Florida
Posts: 99
Wow! This thread came back to haunt me....

Never thought the poop would fly for so long!
__________________
2005 Excursion Limited dragging a 2012 Roo 233s
DSN46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:55 AM   #80
Flagstaff 625D Popup
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Shiremanstown PA
Posts: 207
Does anyone have any experience with poo in a cassette toliet ?

I have not used it for #2 as I don't know if it will empty properly. And "you know who" has that thankless task.

Bean
bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:36 PM.