Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2014, 10:22 AM   #1

Question for leaky Dometic 310 owners

Yesterday morning, we noticed a bit of water on the floor by the base of our Dometic 310 toilet. I know these have leaked from the plastic to porcelain factory seal. Ours did show some telltale drip marks along that factory seal. However, it was not wet when we discovered the puddle. So, we cleaned up the water and it has not reappeared. Did those of you that experienced this leak, have a continuous leak or did it start out intermittent? Does it happen only during flushing? While the bowl has water in it? I'm not sure I know where exactly it comes from when it leaks from that factory seal. So, my reason for this questioning is to help me determine when to get a new toilet. Right away or wait until it becomes regular. Pun intended!

2012 Cedar Creek 36CKTS Touring Edition
2015 Ford F-350 CC DRW Lariat
Joe_GA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 10:30 AM   #2

Water and urine fill up inside the gap between the porcelain and plastic then it leaks out. Call Dometic and get a replacement soon. There is no charge and it only takes minutes to replace. I did it on my 320 and glad I did (health wise).
jwedell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 04:52 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwedell View Post
Water and urine fill up inside the gap between the porcelain and plastic then it leaks out. Call Dometic and get a replacement soon. There is no charge and it only takes minutes to replace. I did it on my 320 and glad I did (health wise).
I'll give them a call on Monday, but I'm probably no longer covered as my camper is a 2012 model.

2012 Cedar Creek 36CKTS Touring Edition
2015 Ford F-350 CC DRW Lariat
Joe_GA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 04:54 PM   #4

Tell them you had the problem for a while and just lived with it and you just found out they were defective.
jwedell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dometic, leak