Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2020, 12:39 PM   #1

Really weird plumbing issues with a new to us 2056 mini lite

I can hook up city water, or use the pump and get a GREAT stream at the shower, a very weak trickle out of the kitchen sink, and NADA at the out of the bathroom sink, outdoor kitchen, outdoor shower. And to top it off, the toilet ALMOST overflowed, and the fresh water valve at the foot valve is leaking a little....

Is there a valve in the innards of the trailer that I am missing?
Old 05-29-2020, 07:19 PM   #2

I haven't seen any valves or regulators internal to the plumbing in any of our TT's (other than the ones for winterizing). I have found kinked PEX tubing which will really kill flow and pressure. You could also check all the faucets aerators if they have them - they can get gunked up and reduce flow.
Only one shedding mutt now RIP Yoshi
larry2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 07:22 PM   #3

It’s going to the dealer next week to get sorted out.
I have to think they are going to have to drop the liner on the bottom to sort it out. Such a bizarre problem!
Old 05-30-2020, 09:53 AM   #4

Yep. Faucet aerators would be first thing I would take off to check for debris
Quote:
Originally Posted by larry2c View Post
I haven't seen any valves or regulators internal to the plumbing in any of our TT's (other than the ones for winterizing). I have found kinked PEX tubing which will really kill flow and pressure. You could also check all the faucets aerators if they have them - they can get gunked up and reduce flow.
babock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 09:56 AM   #5

As far as the toilet is concerned, those likely came with dometic 300. They had different issues than what you are having but you can call dometic and they will replace with a 310 model. Your problem is actually going to be debris in the valve holding it open. The valve itself is cheap and easy to replace.
Old 05-30-2020, 11:11 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Ton Heavy View Post
I can hook up city water, or use the pump and get a GREAT stream at the shower, a very weak trickle out of the kitchen sink, and NADA at the out of the bathroom sink, outdoor kitchen, outdoor shower. And to top it off, the toilet ALMOST overflowed, and the fresh water valve at the foot valve is leaking a little....

Is there a valve in the innards of the trailer that I am missing?

If not debris in ALL of the affected faucets (highly unlikely) then I suspect a kink in the line AFTER the "T" to the shower. But, wait.....are BOTH hot & cold affected or just 1? If both then, I'm stumped too.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 12:11 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rracer5 View Post
If not debris in ALL of the affected faucets (highly unlikely) then I suspect a kink in the line AFTER the "T" to the shower. But, wait.....are BOTH hot & cold affected or just 1? If both then, I'm stumped too.
Yeah, that's the confusing part for me too. Hot or cold not working, but both? Like I said, weird. Just dropped it off at the dealer.
Old 05-30-2020, 02:26 PM   #8

$75 credit

Quote:
Originally Posted by babock View Post
As far as the toilet is concerned, those likely came with dometic 300. They had different issues than what you are having but you can call dometic and they will replace with a 310 model. Your problem is actually going to be debris in the valve holding it open. The valve itself is cheap and easy to replace.
I've heard (on this forum) that Dometic is currently only giving a $75 credit towards an upgrade from a 300 these days, and only if you indicate that you smell urine and believe it is collecting between the two parts of the bowl.

Just wondering, Babcock, how you concluded that the OP had a Dometic 300.
"Always bypass the water heater before opening the low-point drains."
Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 02:35 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry-NC View Post

He's absolutely correct, crappy plastic toilet that will likely get changed soon.
Old 05-30-2020, 04:07 PM   #10

That's what comes standard in his year Rockwood
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry-NC View Post
I've heard (on this forum) that Dometic is currently only giving a $75 credit towards an upgrade from a 300 these days, and only if you indicate that you smell urine and believe it is collecting between the two parts of the bowl.

Old 05-30-2020, 06:37 PM   #11

Water

X-2 I would check the aerators on sinks. A small amount of trash in the lines will stop them up. Especially on a new trailer from construction trash left in the lines. Make sure all the cut off valves are parallel w/ water lines, except on the outside Anti-Freeze feed, if you have one. I agree the next thing to look at would be a kinked supply line.
Tundra 2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 07:53 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra 2014 View Post
X-2 I would check the aerators on sinks. A small amount of trash in the lines will stop them up. Especially on a new trailer from construction trash left in the lines. Make sure all the cut off valves are parallel w/ water lines, except on the outside Anti-Freeze feed, if you have one. I agree the next thing to look at would be a kinked supply line.
Pretty sure it had a heart attack of some kind.
I unscrewed the outdoor shower head, and tried to force some compressed air down the hose with both valves open. It spit back at me a bunch of what I believe to be calcium. I also noticed a bunch of calcium on the connection point of the shower head.
This has me concerned, because finding the plug may not be easy without tearing the bottom up. If it was not at the dealer ( the seller graciously agreed to pay whatever the repair is) I think I would try some sort of acid solution. The trailer is only three years old, I cannot imagine what water would be so saturated with calcium to have deposits like that.
On the other hand, maybe it is just some kinked pex or something. Again, super strange that hot AND cold are both equally affected yet the shower and toilet work great.
Old 05-30-2020, 11:24 PM   #13

Water

If you are seeing that much calcium, take the plug out of your hot water heater. Get one of the hose end heater cleaners $8WM-and spray inside it for a while. After this try spraying some Lime-A-Away in it -put the plug in over night and rinse and repeat.I would take the aerators off and run water thru them 1 at a time.Might soak them inn Lime-a Way overnight also. I rinse my water heater ate the end of each season and check the anode-if a Suburban WH. Always surprises me what comes out.
Tundra 2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 01:31 AM   #14

I agree it is probably the screen aerator on the end of your kitchen and bathroom sinks. Don’t know your water quality or the water quality of the previous owner but depending on the water you supply to the water heater can cause a lot of fine calcium in the water when heated. This will plug the fine screen in the faucet output. Unscrew the screens on the faucets and see what happens when you turn on the water.

Also, drain your water heater and clean out all the calcium buildup. There is a tool for this that connects to your water hose.

I guess if it is at the dealer they will take care of it. Hopefully you have a good dealer and it won’t take a month for them to get to it..lol..

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 06:52 AM   #15

Very common issue if WH NOT put in bypass BEFORE opening Low Point Drains! The WH CRUD drains through the Water System! Isolate the WH and Drain by its own Drain plug! Youroo!!
Old 05-31-2020, 09:49 AM   #16

Water Heater

Once and only once did I remove the water heater to flush out the calcium in it.
Problem is, I did not isolate the heater using the shutoff valves.
Result was every faucet and toilet receives a large dose of debris.
PIA to clean out. Never again will I make that mistake.
Utah Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 09:55 AM   #17

Sorry, what I meant was I removed the plug from the water heater.
Utah Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 08:41 PM   #18

They said they are pulling it in (dropped off already) in four days this coming Thursday. I will absolutely report back on what the issue was.

Hopefully they have some good, competent techs!
Old 06-01-2020, 05:00 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Very common issue if WH NOT put in bypass BEFORE opening Low Point Drains! The WH CRUD drains through the Water System! Isolate the WH and Drain by its own Drain plug! Youroo!!
Yeah, I think this is the problem. I did this once....same issue. Every fixture I ran got pieces of the annode and crud stuck in them cutting the flow...luckily it did not happen to the toilet only the sinks and showers so easy fix.
dbledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 06:55 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utah Traveler View Post
Once and only once did I remove the water heater to flush out the calcium in it.
Problem is, I did not isolate the heater using the shutoff valves.
Result was every faucet and toilet receives a large dose of debris.
PIA to clean out. Never again will I make that mistake.
Thanks mate! Hopefully a quick, cheap fix! I did remove the outdoor shower head and got nada though. So that is plugged somewhere further up the line.

Tags
lite, mini lite, plumbing