Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-12-2012, 09:23 AM   #1

Smile Replacing fresh water fill on Surveyor SP189, 2012

Hi! I am new here but a lurker for awhile.The hubby and I after years of tenting decided on a Surveyor SP189 as I tend to camp more then he does. I like the smaller camper. Yes, I can hitch up and take our daughter and we women camp without you men. But I do camp smart and take my trusty CCW and common sense along! I do it all and that includes the black tank! I am nurse so gloves are mandatory! LOL
Quick question; want to change out my fresh water filler with another that I bought that has a lock with a small padlock.The original is a round one with no door. Just had a camper that experienced a college kid putting some body fluids in theirs! What is holding the fill and air hose on to the filler ends?? Before I go and remove the screws and caulk, are there clamps holding the hoses to the back of the filler? Searched endlessly and cannot find a diagram and no way am I paying the dealership for this job unless I have too. It is a 2012 and do not want it to leak when done.Thank you for your assistance and this forum is the best one on the web. Learned so much and enjoy the postings and humor! My new filler is JR Products round one with small area to lock with padlock or tiny tiny zip tie. Just to delay someone from getting in there. Am a nurse and sort of particular about germs!
Blessedby2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:24 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Should be held on with standard worm drive clamp.
If its a squeeze type clam you may have to just cut it off and use
a worm gear clamp.

Should be a easy mod.
Hopefully the hoses have enough slack to get them out far enough

Btw my dw wife can hook up our 5er and drive it away if she wants to!

She can back better than some men!
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:38 AM   #3

Oh I posted a reply in the wrong spot. I thanked you! Appreciate the help.. and yes high -five the wife for me! We girls can do a lot if we set our minds to it. I always think it is good both know how to hitch up; just in case you would have to in an emergency. Backing up is not easy and a fifth-wheel is a lot bigger then our little camper! Happy trails to you this summer!
Blessedby2 is offline   Reply With Quote