Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-30-2017, 03:38 PM   #1

Replacing water valve aqua magic II

I should've taken pics but it looked easy. Anyway, I can get the water valve inserted all the way into the bracket. It just spins pretty freely. I tried to just put it in in the closed position and put the lever back on but when I've tested it. The water never stops going and when it gets to the top, it's starts leaking pretty bad. I bought a nozzle kit since the old one looked bad. When it starts leaking, it's definitely coming from the water valve.

Any tips? Instructions doesn't seem to require it to pop in but I'm missing something
mj0528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 08:20 AM   #2

Anyone?
Old 05-01-2017, 07:22 PM   #3

Sumb****, fixed it but screwing the water supply back in, I bent the threads. Apparently that part isn't sold. Any thoughts? Plumber tape around the thread and hope for the best?
Old 05-01-2017, 10:54 PM   #4

I guess I'll continue to chat with myself. Don't mind me
Old 05-02-2017, 12:52 PM   #5

if its just the leaky threads you need stopped. Mix up some JB weld, or 2 part epoxy and put it on the striped threads. then put it back together let it set for 4hrs to a day, and hope for the best. that should seal it off. but it will be a permanent bond no taking it apart.
Dale Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 11:45 AM   #6
Dahagen

I could never get the replacement water valve to work. It leaked, never stopped, etc. Just bought a new toilet. Of course, I lived in the RV for 6 months a year for 3 years and I think it just wore out. It's all plastic.
dahagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 11:48 AM   #7

Yea, I'm gonna try to use some teflon tape but if I can't and use jb weld. Can it be fixed easily if I have to cut the fitting off for another base? From what I'm reading shark bites seems to be the way to go. I've used them with brass before and it worked well but permanently affixing something makes me nervous but might not have an option if I don't want to buy a new toliet.
Old 05-07-2017, 02:30 PM   #8

Some photos of what you are having the issue with would get more suggestions me thinks, epoxy as a last resort. If it is the female adapter from the pipe to the valve, cut off and use a shark bite fitting. It should use a rubber seal so no Teflon or epoxy should be needed.
Dwilcox is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
valve, water