Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-30-2020, 11:43 PM   #1

Reply from Dometic on 300 series toilet

So i sent email to see about warranty on 300 series toilet to Dometic and this is the reply i got.mine as has a leak that minor at this time and i want to upgrade to the 320 and i thought if i could get a discount for upgrade save a little its no big deal.ill just order one off Amazon.my 5er will be 2 yrs old next month.so here is their reply

Good afternoon,*

*Thank you for contacting Dometic with your problem. I am sorry you are experiencing this issue. It has been brought to our attention that several forums and sites have posted about a recall or known issue. Please note Dometic does not have any recall issued on any toilets and recalls are for safety concerns such as fires but does not cover odors or defective items that aren’t harmful.**

If you feel you have a defective unit are out of warranty or a unit under warranty (2 years from the date of purchase to the original owner) you will need to contact a Dometic authorized service center. You can locate one in your area by visiting*www.Dometic.com*and click locate dealer on the top tool bar. You will need to make an appointment with them for service and diagnostics. Once they examine the toilet they will contact Dometic warranty for further direction or replacement if deemed defective.**

I am sorry for any inconvenience this may cause however there is no other option or way around our standard warranty policy and procedure.**

Also, it has been brought to our attention that several forums have customers sharing that Dometic has allowed them to upgrade for a fee and this is inaccurate. If the customer was able to upgrade that would be something done at the dealer level. Dometic warranty does not allow upgrade and only will replace the unit removed with the exact model replacement.**

Thank you,*
Gmoney67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 06:55 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmoney67 View Post
If the customer was able to upgrade that would be something done at the dealer level. Dometic warranty does not allow upgrade and only will replace the unit removed with the exact model replacement.**
This is just not true.

Bruce
Old 10-31-2020, 07:11 AM   #3
Site Team

My advice is to call.
Not all call center people are alike.
Obviously some are doing the right thing even if it's not "official company policy".
2016 Evergreen Everlite 242RBS
29' empty nest model. Blue Ox WD hitch
(1 queen bed, large main cabin and huge bathroom)
Camping days 2010-53, 2011-47, 2012-41, 2013-41, 2014-31, 2015-40, 2016-44, 2017-63, 2018-75, 2019-32, 2020-41, 2021-49, 2022-43, 2023-66
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 07:18 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyDan View Post
My advice is to call.
Not all call center people are alike.
Obviously some are doing the right thing even if it's not "official company policy".

Yes, call them. The above email reply is was not the case with us.
Funengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 07:24 AM   #5

Also you might mention it is a safety issue the urine being trapped and smelling causing bacteria and spreading covid . that will wake them up! Can you imagine the forums discussing covid spread by dometic toilet . lol
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 12:00 PM   #6

I upgraded to a 320 and I think I would get a 310 instead. My 320 has really low flow flushing and TP gets stuck in front of the bowl. I have seen other threads with similar feedback. At a minimum get a spayer if you get the 320. The 310 seems to have better flow from videos and posts I have seen but I have not owned one.

I bought mine because I was tired of the plastic creaking and mine was only having a light oder to it after 3yrs. I didn't feel as though mine was defective so I didn't deal with dometic on it and have nothing to offer for that part...I would consider it defective if it did smell and while not a recall campaign I would expect manufacturer support for such a defect. Either a free fix or replacement and lack of that would make me change brands.
dbledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 03:20 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbledan View Post
I upgraded to a 320 and I think I would get a 310 instead. My 320 has really low flow flushing and TP gets stuck in front of the bowl. I have seen other threads with similar feedback. At a minimum get a spayer if you get the 320. The 310 seems to have better flow from videos and posts I have seen but I have not owned one.

I bought mine because I was tired of the plastic creaking and mine was only having a light oder to it after 3yrs. I didn't feel as though mine was defective so I didn't deal with dometic on it and have nothing to offer for that part...I would consider it defective if it did smell and while not a recall campaign I would expect manufacturer support for such a defect. Either a free fix or replacement and lack of that would make me change brands.
Now see, I just installed a 320. I got the one with the sprayer but very seldom use it because it flushes so well. DW and I both like the elongated seat too.

Interesting isnt it, how different people have such different results with the very same product
Old 10-31-2020, 05:01 PM   #8
Enjoying Life

When they put it in writing it must follow the written rules. When they talk to you on the phone they are usually more relaxed and since they are talking directly to you they tend to be more accommodating. I was offered an upgrade to a 310 for $75 when I called.

2006 Durango HEMI

TeachTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 05:09 PM   #9

So, If your toilet catches on fire, you are covered. I'm glad they cleared that up.
Wolf26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 05:57 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasReid View Post
Now see, I just installed a 320. I got the one with the sprayer but very seldom use it because it flushes so well. DW and I both like the elongated seat too.

Interesting isnt it, how different people have such different results with the very same product
Now you are going to make me take mine apart to figure out why the flow is so poor. My sprayer works great but flushing not so much. I checked the peddle valve for debris but found nothing.
dbledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 08:39 PM   #11

Ill give them call and see what they say.I did read some where that dometic sold ill Google it maybe thats part of no recall excuse.

In my previous 5er it was 2018 it had i believe 310 series with the regulator for water on it had poor water pressure or flow and took out the regulator and it worked great and water ran for about 5 seconds after took foot off pedal when flushed and filled bowl about quarter way up.
Old 11-01-2020, 07:39 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmoney67 View Post
water ran for about 5 seconds after took foot off pedal when flushed and filled bowl about quarter way up.
The water that enters the bowl after taking your foot off of the pedal is not part of the function of the valve. It is just the water remaining in the upper cavity of the bowl that provides water to the rim jets draining out. There are several residential toilets designed this same way where there is no bowl fill tube from the fill valve that dumps into the tank overflow tube.

Bruce
Old 11-16-2020, 04:00 PM   #13

OP. Did you call? What was the response if so?
KCB5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 09:25 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCB5 View Post
OP. Did you call? What was the response if so?
No never did.also i cant find serial #.i read plenty of threads since i posted this that people have gotten a seal kit sent to them and had to pay postage on it and some got replacement toilet's.im just going to buy new one.
Old 11-26-2020, 09:15 PM   #15

I started having this issue recently and I called the Dometic customer service. 800-321-9886. They told me that for the model 300’s they had extended the warranty to 3 years due to this issue. I just started the claim process so we will see, but they said they would send me a 310.
bradw661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 10:19 PM   #16

I just went through getting mine replaced. 2nd owner of a 2017 Shamrock. Had a 300 with the issue. I called and after a lot of back and forth and run around they agreed to replace it with a 300 for free.

However they made sure to tell me several times how they were doing me a favor since I wasn't the original owner.

I can confirm they are no longer allowing everyone to upgrade to the 310 or other models for a fee UNLESS you are the original owner. Again they had to tell me this several times. It was a policy change in October 2020 apparently. I did end up getting a 310 for a fee because one of the Reps messed up and offered it to me in an email and couldn't take it back when she realized she messed up.

Just call their 1-800 and talk to them. Its not an easy process and they don't have the best Customer Service IMO but they are still replacing them.
KCB5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 09:12 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCB5 View Post
I just went through getting mine replaced. 2nd owner of a 2017 Shamrock. Had a 300 with the issue. I called and after a lot of back and forth and run around they agreed to replace it with a 300 for free.

However they made sure to tell me several times how they were doing me a favor since I wasn't the original owner.

I can confirm they are no longer allowing everyone to upgrade to the 310 or other models for a fee UNLESS you are the original owner. Again they had to tell me this several times. It was a policy change in October 2020 apparently. I did end up getting a 310 for a fee because one of the Reps messed up and offered it to me in an email and couldn't take it back when she realized she messed up.

Just call their 1-800 and talk to them. Its not an easy process and they don't have the best Customer Service IMO but they are still replacing them.
My experience was quite easy. Started the process the day before thanksgiving and I had the new toilet by Wednesday the next week. I am 1st owner so I suppose that made a big diff. May also depend on who you get on the phone. Dometic upgraded me to the 310 free.
bradw661 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dometic