Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2020, 09:25 AM   #1

Rockwood A122 water woes!

Our 2015 Rockwood Model A122 has water backup in the trap and pipes that will not drain out and sloshes back into the sink when transporting even if the tank water tank has been completely drained. The drain pipe and trap under the sink appear to be several inches above the drain waterline. Is anyone else having this issue and if so, what did you do about it? I am tired of a wet mattress!
GGoodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 10:00 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered. It is essential that the traps remain full of water that is the seal to prevent the gases from the tanks from entering the RV. I would say simply place a folded paper towel over the sink drain that should stop the splashing. you must be driving on some really windy or rough roads. LOL
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 10:16 AM   #3

Rockwood Premier Sink Drain problem.

The sink drain and trap does not have enough fall from the sink to the outlet on the exterior of the camper. This photo of the assembly shows the approximate water line from the sink drain to the outlet. The silver ruler would be the water line. The entire 1 1/2” lateral and the trap retain water. I estimate approximately a quart of water is left in the pipe and the water line is only 2 1\2 inches below the sink. That remaining water splashes into the sink while the camper is moving.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	399.6 KB
ID:	228135  
GGoodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 05:39 PM   #4

Why not replace the p trap with one of those one way valves with the flap inside that opens when there is water and closes when the water is shut off. Sorry I can’t think of the name right now. I believe it’s called a Hepvo valve. Jay
New TV 2020 2500HD gas.
Jay2504 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a122, rockwood, water