RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 09-21-2020, 01:06 PM   #1

Rockwood Dripping sink repair

I know I'm not the only one who has had a dripping kitchen sink in a late model Rockwood (2020 2608BS). I was camping a couple of weeks ago and it was dripping pretty badly when hooked up to city water. I removed the faucet handle (hex key) and pulled out the cartridge. There were 2 o-rings around the cartridge and I lubed them with plumber's silicone. That helped for a while.

I called Rockwood and asked for some help but they haven't called me back yet. In the meantime, I opened it up again and looked under the cartridge and found another seal. This is more of an umbrella seal similar to what they used to have in old chevys for valve seals.

On our trip last week, it started leaking again. I pulled that seal out and found a small tear, thus the drip. I was able to slather it with plumber's silicone and it fixed it long enough to finish this most recent trip.

I was going to buy a Moen pull-down and just replace it and be done with it. About $200 but worth avoiding the aggravation. Moen also has a very nice long warranty. As I was headed to the HD checkout, I stopped and looked at faucet repair parts. I wasn't expecting anything because this is a no-name faucet and my expectations were low.

To my surprise, I spotted a small repair kit that looked pretty close. I went ahead and bought two of the kits (two sets of seals per kit) for $3.50 each and put the Moen faucet back on the shelf.

Went out today to try and fix it and danged if it didn't do the job. I tried it with internal pump pressure and my home water supply. Fixed, at least for now. We'll see...

The replacement part is a Danco 80704. I got it at HD; here's a link to the part:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/DANCO-Fa...0704/203193506

Hope this helps someone with the same problem...
Falconer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
repair, rockwood, sink