Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-11-2020, 08:05 PM   #1

Rookie Winterizing

I am in the relatively balmy Pacific NW. I went to clear the hot and cold water lines in my 2019 2250 Sunseeker today. First I drained the drinking water tank ( used the water tank drain valve, no " low point valves", then by-passed the water heater. Then pressurized the drinking water tank using the city water hookup at about 30 PSI with compressed air. Then I opened the kitchen sink faucet and water came out once the drinking water tank was pressurized. I then closed this faucet and tried the bathroom faucets. Maybe a few drops came out. them closed those. I am not sure any water came from the toilet or toilet flush sprayer. None from shower.

Oh.. I did add plenty of RV antifreeze to each drain. I decided not to drain the water heater as it does not get too cold up here. Plus I did not locate the hot water heater drain either ( if anyone knows where the water heater, WH drains or low water drains are located on this model feel free to pass that along .. THANKS!!!).

Any ideas about why there was little to no water from the faucets except for the kitchen faucet? I think the kitchen faucet may the the last thing on the water line, not sure.

Goofy rookie in WA state.
Bob

PS Come see us sometime in the July thru Sept period . It is beautiful over this way

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.
Bob LeClair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 10:02 PM   #2
Site Team

Welcome to FRF, from across the Saratoga Passage, on Camano Island!
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 10:16 PM   #3

Pressure to the city water connection does not blow out the fresh water tank. Be sure to to went the little filter screen next to the water pump.
MtBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 12:16 AM   #4

Few drops came out because air is lighter than water. Anyone can correct me if I’m wrong.

Now I blow out my lines also. I leave the WH bypass open, open relief valve on WH, then open the cold bypass line and wait 15 minutes. After that empties, I pressurize to 30 and open hot low drain, repeat and do cokd. Then open water valves and put just a bit of anti freeze in toilet to keep valve seal fresh.

Just glad to get away
HONDAMAN174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 01:05 AM   #5

Smile Rookie Winterizing

Does anyone know where the hot and cold drain line valves are for the Sunseeker 2250 or maybe most Forest River lines are in the same place?

I know where to drain the clean water tank. I am not sure where the water heater drain is but I think I can find that one because I found the hot water heater red and blue valves and the bypass valve for the WH . Thanks if you happen to know

Bob the Rookie
Bob LeClair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 01:21 AM   #6

Rookie Winterizing

I found the answer to my question about valves on a previous post.

thanks to Ilmor!

ilmor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by heatpumpgene View Post
I have a new 2016 2500ts and for the life of me I can not find the fresh water drain Thanks
In my new 2250SLE there is a storage compartment at the rear of the coach, driver's side. The electrical cord is also housed there. At the top forward side of that compartment is a round access hatch. If I unscrew and open that hatch, the fresh water tank drain valve is there.

My low point drains are found at the bottom of the coach to the left of the coach door .

Hope this helps.
Old 01-12-2020, 08:56 AM   #7

how would you be able to pressurize the fresh water tank? it has an overflow line and a vent. both would just allow pressure to flow through them to the outside. now you may have a valve that directs incoming water from the fresh water hookup port to either the internal water lines (city water position) or to the fresh water tank (fill water tank position). if you do set it to the city water position and blow the air through the lines. but trying to pressurize the actual fresh water tank will not work.

Tags
roo, winter, winterizing