Old 07-23-2020, 07:58 PM   #1

Sewer hose couplers

cid:AD6D7C90-FD88-457D-BCC7-085860417169. (Donít know if this picture came thru ) sewer hose 4 prong twist lock couplers ó has any One came up with a way to tie / lock these together To keep them from coming apart while in use ( if you touch or move they come uncoupled ) right now I am holding together with zip ties . Any one else experienced this ? , thanx
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	91BD85A3-BFAC-42D7-9E12-62C1301B6EC0.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	568.7 KB
ID:	234631  
Old 07-23-2020, 08:13 PM   #2

Can't say I've ever had that problem. Could it be an ill fitting clear elbow? Does it pop off if you remove that clear elbow and put the hose directly on the white fitting going into the sewer?
Reese Fifth Airborne air ride king pin coupler with Sidewinder
NMWildcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 08:14 PM   #3

Can you put that clear 90 degree elbow at the other end of your connection? The way it twists is guaranteed to come apart. Other than duct tape, I have no idea how to keep it stable.
Old 07-23-2020, 08:29 PM   #4

Personally, with those fittings Iíd stick the clear 90 at the coach instead of two 90ís together.
Old 07-23-2020, 08:37 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by simiHal View Post
Personally, with those fittings Iíd stick the clear 90 at the coach instead of two 90ís together.
I'd agree. With the 90 at the coach, unless the outlet is already pointing straight down, the weighr of the hose should keep it from coming apart.

The elbows and hose fittings should be really tight when being turned the last 1/2 inch or so and the round "nubs" should be resting in a notch. Might need to get a different elbow.

"Sometimes you're the dog, sometimes you're the tree"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2004 Nissan Titan
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 08:52 AM   #6

Morning , it’s not just the clear 90 , it’s all the connectors, they twist together easy -I just thought they would be tighter or have to snap together, if they get bumped while in use they will come apart - I will just continue with the zip ties ..thanx all .PS...I put the clear 90 in because the green would not stay in the white 90 -thanx again
Old 07-24-2020, 09:26 AM   #7

I would get rid of the clear 90 and put a 6" straight clear on the coach end so it is easier to see when the tank is empty.
wayne272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 09:28 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvin View Post
Morning , itís not just the clear 90 , itís all the connectors, they twist together easy -I just thought they would be tighter or have to snap together, if they get bumped while in use they will come apart - I will just continue with the zip ties ..thanx all .PS...I put the clear 90 in because the green would not stay in the white 90 -thanx again
I'd say it's time to invest in new sewer hose and fittings if they are that loose. Are you sure they are fully snapping into each other?
All of mine (even different brands) all fit together very tightly and 'snap' solidly into one another. We also carry around extra o-rings that they all use to seal, and make sure they haven't fallen out.
As I said, I've never had any that separate when moved or touched, and I use several elbows and a Flush King.
Reese Fifth Airborne air ride king pin coupler with Sidewinder
NMWildcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 10:38 AM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
cid:AD6D7C90-FD88-457D-BCC7-085860417169. (Don’t know if this picture came thru ) sewer hose 4 prong twist lock couplers — has any One came up with a way to tie / lock these together To keep them from coming apart while in use ( if you touch or move they come uncoupled ) right now I am holding together with zip ties . Any one else experienced this ? , thanx
The green wouldn't fit onto the white anyway since it's a male 2 male connection. Elbow fittings usually have a female fitting.

Like these which might actually serve you better:

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-RhinoFL...93b66c_p_3_i_p

https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Sewer/Ca...oaAo7xEALw_wcB
Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 10:49 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
The green wouldn't fit onto the white anyway since it's a male 2 male connection. Elbow fittings usually have a female fitting.
As said the OP needs to get rid of the 90 degree and Iwritecode needs new glasses.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 10:57 AM   #11

Quote:

Like these which might actually serve you better:

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-RhinoFL...93b66c_p_3_i_p

https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Sewer/Ca...oaAo7xEALw_wcB
The green hose end and white 90 are male / female , that is the way I have been using , all these hose and fittings are less than six months old , they just donít click together tight enough for my like liking
Old 07-24-2020, 11:06 AM   #12

Quote:
The green hose end and white 90 are male / female , that is the way I have been using , all these hose and fittings are less than six months old , they just donít click together tight enough for my like liking
Since the hoses and fittings are so new, I'd just continue to use the twist ties to secure the connections.
If you ever need to replace them, try to get new ones that have the same manufacturer. The connections can be different enough to cause the problem you're having.
Old 07-24-2020, 11:07 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
All of mine (even different brands) all fit together very tightly and 'snap' solidly into one another. We also carry around extra o-rings that they all use to seal, and make sure they haven't fallen out. ....

I'm with the missing seals idea, ... with the labels still on the elbow, it must be new and so likely came off the assembly line that way if both are missing, ... and if both are missing you might not notice that, but if only one were missing you would probably notice the difference right away, ...

fella10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 11:12 AM   #14

I've stared at the original picture for five minutes and it just doesn't look right. Where is the couplers that thread on in reverse to the hoses so you can mate "male to female" connections to the hoses and elbows.Should have a bunch of orange connectors with the sewer hose kits that the major players in this market sell.

Dave
Western Golf and Country Cart (custom body, EZ-GO frame)
Arguing with some people is like trying to smell the color 9
Volvodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 11:14 AM   #15
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
As said the OP needs to get rid of the 90 degree and Iwritecode needs new glasses.
Quote:
The green hose end and white 90 are male / female ,
I swear I even zoomed in on the photo.

Whoops!
Old 07-24-2020, 11:17 AM   #16

Quote:
I swear I even zoomed in on the photo.

Whoops!
Just funnin and you're not alone.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 11:25 AM   #17

yep, a better look at the pic, ... the green to orange connection is male green to female orange(good), BUT the white to orange connection is female white to female orange(not good), .... but if the green/orange connection is loose, a missing seal could be the problem there,

Old 07-24-2020, 11:32 AM   #18

the green is male, the white is female, they will connect, ... but you have inserted a 90 that is female/female, that won't work, ....

Old 07-24-2020, 11:40 AM   #19
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by fella10 View Post
yep, a better look at the pic, ... the green to orange connection is male green to female orange(good), BUT the white to orange connection is female white to female orange(not good), .... but if the green/orange connection is loose, a missing seal could be the problem there,
Quote:
Originally Posted by fella10 View Post
the green is male, the white is female, they will connect, ... but you have inserted a 90 that is female/female, that won't work, ....
Look again...
The elbow (orange) to the ground sewer connection (white) is NOT female to female.
TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater - Sinemate 3500w Gen.

Days Camped: '17=30 '18=51 '19=58 '20=88
5picker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 11:43 AM   #20
Site Team

Here is the elbow by itself. I don't know if it was an optical illusion or what but I was seeing it wrong at first too.