Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-30-2015, 06:19 PM   #1

Sewer hose storage issue

Coachmen strikes again. Or maybe this time it's Camco and Rhinoflex.

We have 2 black tanks, one in the rear of the unit and one mid-ship with the gray tank. Coachmen put these pipes into each bay to hold the sewer hoses. In theory it's a good idea. The hose stays connected and you just swivel the pipe out to make the final connection to the sewer. My Rhinoflex hoses fit into these pipes but the bayonet ends don't meaning that we can't put the cap back on the pipe . The pipes are 4 inch diameter. I looked for a 5 inch end but the only thing available is a 6 inch end. It would end up costing us over $50 in fittings and adapters to convert it to a 6 inch end. It would also look a bit strange with such a huge end on it. We have used the Rhinoflex hoses for many years and have a lot of fittings for them. I'm not entertaining the thought of new hoses at this time.

This is the connection point for the gray and black tank.

Unless someone has a solution that we missed, we're thinking of this fix. We want to take those pipes off. There will be 2 big holes left in the bottom of 2 bays. I'd fill them up with boating deck plates. Then what we'd like to do is extend the hose connection out of the bay to the bottom of it by adding pipe to the existing hose connection and pipe it through the deck plate to a new hose connection. Hopefully that made sense. Why connect outside of the bay? The current connection is a deep reach into the bay. A real pain in the neck to get to. We were hoping to keep the hose connected to the connection but that doesn't seem possible with what Coachmen provided.

Does this seem like a reasonable fix or is there something else we should look at?

Thanks
Schwartzworld is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
storage