Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2022, 12:04 PM   #1

Sewer lines have a small drip on the black tank side

My RV tech was checking out a small drip from my sewer lines and just told me the leaking was caused by a small crack in one pipe. This is an older 2005 Sunseeker 2900 LTD motorhome and she's getting pretty long in the tooth.

After talking with him, we decided to go ahead and replace the exterior plumbing (elbows, connectors and the cross over with the dual valves for both the black and grey tank. The one issue he is having is sourcing parts; in particular the crossover with twin valves.

I did a quick look on Amazon and found what looks like the proper part; a Valterra T81. (link below).

Can anyone verify that this would be a good replacement part?

The original part number (from the plumbing schematic) is listed as a 66D14AAR.

https://www.amazon.ca/Valterra-T81-S...0323659&sr=8-2
Old 08-12-2022, 12:07 PM   #2

Not a clue.
Have you tried the Forest River Parts department or a local rv dealer might know. They have access to a parts database or books that might help,
Old 08-12-2022, 03:11 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverse_snowbird View Post
Not a clue.
Have you tried the Forest River Parts department or a local rv dealer might know. They have access to a parts database or books that might help,
My dealer is over booked, which is why the RV is with an independent repair tech.

I was able to track down, through the FR catalogue, that the FR part is called a T80, and have the catalog number.

The Valterra folks said they haven't supplied FR with that particular part since Valterra changed over their order system, so they cannot provide a compatibility cross reference.

From the pictures provided in both from Amazon and the FR catalogue they appear to be almost identical. The FR part comes with bayonet studs formed into the PVC, while the Valterra requires a coupler with the bayonet studs to be glued on. In the PVC piping world that is not uncommon.

Here's a shot of the Valterra

Here's a shot from the FR catalog

Both say they are 3inch x 1 1/2 inch
Both assemblies come with the dual gate valves

The only difference I can see is that the Valterra requires this:

EDIT
So minutes after posting I found this on Amazon... a Valterra T80 - a part name match at any rate.

BTW the dealer did get back to me and confirmed that either one of these will suffice; just one needs an extra part to complete the assembly.

Tags
black, black tank, tank