Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2016, 12:54 PM   #1

Shower Door

We have a 2015 Forest River 27rkss TT. In the bathroom there is a shower with rounded shower doors that move on rollers to open and close. The seals on the door were not correctly fixed to the door(s) which made on of them to come off every time we showered. Not a big problem since we would just put them back on when they came off. Well, when the unit was in for service, I asked a tech how to fix it. He told me, "Just put some silicone sealer in the grooves of the seal and press them all the way on the door and let it cure for a few days." Seemed plausible. I did that. What I didn't realize and he failed to tell me was that if the doors aren't cut exactly square and plumb, that the seals will not not touch and actually seal the doors and that is now my problem.

What I am going to do is, remove that seals, scrape off the excess sealer and do it again but just barely place the seals on the doors. Let it cure and check it again.

Did I mention that the warranty has expired?

What do you think?
rcla2014 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, show, shower