Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-15-2020, 03:34 PM   #1

shower door in m3001w

glass shower door has gotten loose at top. bottom of door scrubs on lower frame and top left edge . worse when you get in.
there is a little slack in top of door hinge pin. havent figured how to tighten or remove door to adjust pin/ hinge plate.
linen closet wont let door open enough to access only screw i can see at top of frame. dont really want to remove surround to get to
screws.

2013 windjammer M3001w ,rear living area, front bedroom,mid bath.
larry5167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 08:13 AM   #2

I hear ya sometimes spaces are tight did you have a question
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 08:31 AM   #3

Yes...how to pull the top of the door back toward the frame about a 1/4 inch to make the door square in the frame. A little black piece of plastic moves but I can't get to it to tighten.it lets the door sag enough to scrape when opening.
?how do you remove the door. with out removing the surrond. The linen closet keeps me from opening door to access the screw heads behind it.
Old 02-16-2020, 08:50 AM   #4

I'm having a hard time picturing exactly where the screws you are talking about are located and how the linen closet is preventing access could you post a pic of the area.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 09:02 PM   #5

Similar Problem Solved

I believe your shower looks exactly like my FR Mini KR25 shower door. Shower door was off kilter like yours, then simply fell out. The glass is held into the aluminum holder by a clear rubber gasket running the length of the door. This friction is "supported" by two screws to hold the door in. In my case, FR builders used a machine screw at the top and a sheet metal screw at the bottom. Bouncing down the road did the top screw in.

Same problem with the little black thingie. That appears to hold a pivot at the top.Mine wobbled too and appears to be built that way. Like you I thought getting at it and adding a sleeve would fix that. But...

To get at the loose pivot at the top you need to remove the entire unit. You probably already know that there is a cap across the top of the frame. Using a mirror I could see screws holding the three frames together. But, you can't get at the screws unless you pull out the unit.

In my case, the threaded holder at the top of the door was stripped. I bought a new aluminum piece and threaded it for a bigger screw. Then I bought some excellent epoxy glue for aluminum and glass. I glued the bejeebers out of that little black plastic thingy. When that dried I glued my new screw holder to the door and mounted the door back in place. That fixed my off-kilter door.

By the way, FR advised me to try Home Depot to fix my problem.

Many miles later, the door remains in place.
Gotagonow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 08:55 AM   #6

shower door

thanks 'GOTAGONOW' and sea dog.
i was afraid of that. just didnt want to remove whole unit. at 77 yo not as supple as i used to be. i've another idea ,take my dremmel open a hole above the pin and see about sliding a sleeve over the pin and epoxy it.
if door falls out i will probably do like another post i read a while back his door wasnt latched and broke the glass,got a curtain rod and added a shower curtain.
thanks for the replys have a blessed day.

Tags
3001w, door, show, shower