Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-24-2016, 11:00 AM   #1

Shower faucet leaking while running

I purchased this 2011 salem cruiselite a month ago and just used the shower for the first time Saturday morning. When I got out of the shower the floor was full of water, I initially thought it sprayed around the curtain but after I opened the bathroom door I saw that water had run all the way to the front of the 22 foot camper.
When I got home I checked the drain first and it is fine, no leaking there. So I moved up to the faucet and luckily have access to the backside of it through the bathroom counter and found massive amounts of water running back into the wall only while it is on and running. With the faucet dismounted and hooked up to water it seems to be leaking from the vacuum breaker/back flow preventer. It leaks with both hot and cold on individually.
Is the back flow preventer valve even necessary or should I just get a household faucet to replace it? Does anyone have a recommendation of one that will fit and hook up to the shower head?
Old 05-24-2016, 11:02 AM   #2

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1464105740.512655.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	108856
It's leaking from the center where the back flow preventer connects.
Old 05-24-2016, 11:09 AM   #3

Since you have access, I would install a regular shower, if you know a plumber he can help you adapt. As to your question if the hand held shower can be submerged in a tub or shower pan, then yes you need it.
Dwilcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 08:18 AM   #4

Just had the same problem with my 2016 Concord. Easiest fix is to just replace the faucet. Was only about $25. (Also, you don't need Teflon tape on those threads. They are really only for mounting and the hose connection has a rubber seal. Hand tightening is all that is necessary.)
richardelarson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
faucet, leak, show, shower