Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-28-2018, 05:26 PM   #1

Showermiser warning

I took my new 2019 Rockwood Minilite 2506s TT on it’s first camping trip. I hooked the city water up, checked everything (hot and cold water on all faucets) and went to sleep. The next morning I woke up to hear water running outside. Water was running out my fresh water fill.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3423.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	224.4 KB
ID:	184747

After hours of troubleshooting and replacing the water pump, we figured out it was this simple lever in the shower.

Name:	IMG_3414.jpg
Views:	479
Size:	179.1 KB
ID:	184748

This “Showermiser” lever when enabled will recycle water to the fresh water holding tank, and then when the water is hot, turns color to indicate time to flip back so when dry camping you aren’t wasting water down the drain while waiting for it to heat up.

Apparently it doesn’t care if the water source is city water, it still sends the water to the fill. Maybe this is an alternative way to fill your fresh water holding tank, but beware, there is no warning if it gets bumped or moved by mistake. Your tank will fill and keep flowing.
MMRGOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 05:49 PM   #2

Mine has a sticker warning about this And that also means your water was turned on all night as well.Click image for larger version

Name:	20180828_174654.jpeg
Views:	405
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	184754
Old 08-28-2018, 06:27 PM   #3

That is an interesting feature that I didn’t know existed.

Additionally, you may want to consider draining your fresh water tank prior to heading out at the end of your trip. Some model RVs are not designed to travel with the tank full of water. When I posed this to FR, I was told that the strapping holding the tank was not designed to withstand the forces exposed to them during travel and greatly increase the risk of failure. In other words, the tank drops out during travel.
tom39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 07:01 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wevitt View Post
Mine has a sticker warning about this And that also means your water was turned on all night as well.Attachment 184754

Thank you for sending that picture. We picked up our camper 5 weeks after the posted manufacturing date. The sticker is there, but it is completely faded. It must have been in direct sun or chemically washed away. I am glad they have posted that sticker, but now I’m concerned how mine faded so quickly. There is no text at all left on the sticker.
Old 08-28-2018, 07:01 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom39 View Post
That is an interesting feature that I didn’t know existed.

Additionally, you may want to consider draining your fresh water tank prior to heading out at the end of your trip. Some model RVs are not designed to travel with the tank full of water. When I posed this to FR, I was told that the strapping holding the tank was not designed to withstand the forces exposed to them during travel and greatly increase the risk of failure. In other words, the tank drops out during travel.

I did just that. Thanks!
Old 08-29-2018, 10:51 AM   #6

What is proper position of lever to not send water to Fresh Tank?
jeffmich3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 11:13 AM   #7

Did you leave your shower turned on all night?

2018 Avenger ATI 27RBS
Champion 3500
Weber Q2000, Blackstone 22", and a whole herd of flamingoes
BriaBeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 11:18 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmich3 View Post

If you turn the water on and move the lever you will see one allows water out of the shower and one does not. I only turn the hot water and move the lever down. No water will come out of the shower, When the pipe turns white i move the lever up and water now comes out of the shower.
wevitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 06:58 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriaBeck View Post
Did you leave your shower turned on all night?

No. The shower was not running.
Old 08-29-2018, 06:59 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmich3 View Post

The proper position is with the lever facing the wall. As shown in my original post.
Old 08-29-2018, 07:01 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMRGOOD View Post
Thank you for sending that picture. We picked up our camper 5 weeks after the posted manufacturing date. The sticker is there, but it is completely faded. It must have been in direct sun or chemically washed away. I am glad they have posted that sticker, but now I’m concerned how mine faded so quickly. There is no text at all left on the sticker.

Updated photo

Name:	IMG_1535587231.628365.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	187.3 KB
ID:	184845
Old 08-29-2018, 07:05 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMRGOOD View Post
The proper position is with the lever facing the wall. As shown in my original post.
I am not to sure they are all the same. Mine is in the correct position in my picture which looks different than the other picture. I think it would be correct to say the position that allows water to come out of the shower head is the correct position.
wevitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 08:47 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by wevitt View Post
I am not to sure they are all the same. Mine is in the correct position in my picture which looks different than the other picture. I think it would be correct to say the position that allows water to come out of the shower head is the correct position.

Agreed!

Tags
show, shower