Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2018, 05:26 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 11
Showermiser warning

I took my new 2019 Rockwood Minilite 2506s TT on it’s first camping trip. I hooked the city water up, checked everything (hot and cold water on all faucets) and went to sleep. The next morning I woke up to hear water running outside. Water was running out my fresh water fill.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3423.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	224.4 KB
ID:	184747

After hours of troubleshooting and replacing the water pump, we figured out it was this simple lever in the shower.


Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3414.jpg
Views:	479
Size:	179.1 KB
ID:	184748

This “Showermiser” lever when enabled will recycle water to the fresh water holding tank, and then when the water is hot, turns color to indicate time to flip back so when dry camping you aren’t wasting water down the drain while waiting for it to heat up.

Apparently it doesn’t care if the water source is city water, it still sends the water to the fill. Maybe this is an alternative way to fill your fresh water holding tank, but beware, there is no warning if it gets bumped or moved by mistake. Your tank will fill and keep flowing.
MMRGOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 05:49 PM   #2
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 51
Mine has a sticker warning about this And that also means your water was turned on all night as well.Click image for larger version

Name:	20180828_174654.jpeg
Views:	405
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	184754
__________________
2018 Rockwood GeoPro 19FBS
2016 Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4
wevitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 06:27 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
tom39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Virginia, USA
Posts: 405
That is an interesting feature that I didn’t know existed.

Additionally, you may want to consider draining your fresh water tank prior to heading out at the end of your trip. Some model RVs are not designed to travel with the tank full of water. When I posed this to FR, I was told that the strapping holding the tank was not designed to withstand the forces exposed to them during travel and greatly increase the risk of failure. In other words, the tank drops out during travel.
__________________
2011 Rockwood 8288 SS UL
2011 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie 6.7L
B&W Turnover Ball w/Companion Hitch
tom39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 07:01 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by wevitt View Post
Mine has a sticker warning about this And that also means your water was turned on all night as well.Attachment 184754


Thank you for sending that picture. We picked up our camper 5 weeks after the posted manufacturing date. The sticker is there, but it is completely faded. It must have been in direct sun or chemically washed away. I am glad they have posted that sticker, but now I’m concerned how mine faded so quickly. There is no text at all left on the sticker.
MMRGOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 07:01 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom39 View Post
That is an interesting feature that I didn’t know existed.

Additionally, you may want to consider draining your fresh water tank prior to heading out at the end of your trip. Some model RVs are not designed to travel with the tank full of water. When I posed this to FR, I was told that the strapping holding the tank was not designed to withstand the forces exposed to them during travel and greatly increase the risk of failure. In other words, the tank drops out during travel.


I did just that. Thanks!
MMRGOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 10:51 AM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 4
What is proper position of lever to not send water to Fresh Tank?
jeffmich3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 11:13 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
BriaBeck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Southern Illissouri
Posts: 885
Did you leave your shower turned on all night?
__________________
Brian & Becky

2018 Avenger ATI 27RBS
Champion 3500
Weber Q2000, Blackstone 22", and a whole herd of flamingoes
BriaBeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 11:18 AM   #8
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmich3 View Post
What is proper position of lever to not send water to Fresh Tank?

If you turn the water on and move the lever you will see one allows water out of the shower and one does not. I only turn the hot water and move the lever down. No water will come out of the shower, When the pipe turns white i move the lever up and water now comes out of the shower.
wevitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 06:58 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by BriaBeck View Post
Did you leave your shower turned on all night?


No. The shower was not running.
MMRGOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 06:59 PM   #10
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmich3 View Post
What is proper position of lever to not send water to Fresh Tank?


The proper position is with the lever facing the wall. As shown in my original post.
MMRGOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 07:01 PM   #11
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMRGOOD View Post
Thank you for sending that picture. We picked up our camper 5 weeks after the posted manufacturing date. The sticker is there, but it is completely faded. It must have been in direct sun or chemically washed away. I am glad they have posted that sticker, but now I’m concerned how mine faded so quickly. There is no text at all left on the sticker.

Updated photo

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1535587231.628365.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	187.3 KB
ID:	184845
MMRGOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 07:05 PM   #12
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMRGOOD View Post
The proper position is with the lever facing the wall. As shown in my original post.
I am not to sure they are all the same. Mine is in the correct position in my picture which looks different than the other picture. I think it would be correct to say the position that allows water to come out of the shower head is the correct position.
wevitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 08:47 PM   #13
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by wevitt View Post
I am not to sure they are all the same. Mine is in the correct position in my picture which looks different than the other picture. I think it would be correct to say the position that allows water to come out of the shower head is the correct position.


Agreed!
MMRGOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
show, shower

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:59 PM.