Old 11-05-2016, 08:13 PM   #1

shurflo pump only sometimes wont shut off?

This is a shurflo 4008. I know water leaks will make the cycle on off or not shut off but this is weird. First i purchased this camper knowing and was told that the pump wasn't winterized and had a small leak. It would kick on about every 30 min for just a 1/2 second. it was small pinhole in the upper housing assembly. I used plastic epoxy and had it fixed for a year. Well it started leaking again so I ordered a new upper housing assembly. Installed it and bleed air out of all lines. flowed about 10 gallon and now this thing will shut off sometimes and sometimes it will go to a very low rpm and not shut off. If I flip power switch to it and turn it back on its fine. It can sit there all day and not turn on. But sometimes it will not shut off after flowing water and sometimes it will. Im unsure if I want to mess with the factory adjustments. Anybody else experience this and figure out what problem is

cohuttariverrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 08:23 PM   #2

Your much more patient than me. I would have thrown it out and replaced with a new one. I know that doesn't help you but I wanted to say I admire your persistance.

sgtlm17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 09:08 PM   #3

If this ever happens to anyone else maybe this can help. Im unsure why it would shut off sometimes and slowly idle other times. However i did run about 25 gallon threw it and it finally started shutting off every time.
cohuttariverrat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pump