Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2020, 04:03 PM   #1

Slow leak from "Black 2 Tank Flush (opt)"

I have a 2016 Sandpiper 371REBH. In the panel where the water/tank controls are, there is a cover over a port for "Black 2 Tank Flush (opt)". Yesterday, there was a foul odor when I opened the doors to the panel. There was water in the lower plastic tray where the fresh water hose comes in. I pulled the black cover off and saw that there was a slow dripping of water. I don't have a second black water tank (that I am aware of). Any suggestions as to how to remedy this would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2686.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	281.3 KB
ID:	231554   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2687.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	200.6 KB
ID:	231555  
BillF993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 04:10 PM   #2

black tank flushes should have a back flow preventer installed . most are atmospheric but a check valve would work in a pinch . maybe it was not installed at factory
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 04:28 PM   #3

Thanks for your response. When the dripping started, I had not flushed the tank since last Fall. I tried flushing the black tank to see if that helped. It didn’t change the drop rate at all. It drips at about a drip a second.
Old 06-18-2020, 03:54 PM   #4
Site Team

I've never seen an inlet like that. Are you suppose to connect a hose to it or what?
Iwritecode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 05:27 PM   #5

Judd at Forest River got back to me today. It is actually a vent for my fresh water tank. He believes that my fresh water tank may have filled up because of a faulty valve in my water pump. I haven’t been to camper yet to see if that is the actual problem.
Old 06-18-2020, 06:23 PM   #6

So you have a fresh water holding tank vent in your water bay. Is there also a vent out the bottom of your rig which typically is the indicator of the tank being full (overflow) when water comes out during filling. If you don't have the one out the bottom then water exiting into the bay is the indicator. Really.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, flush, leak, tank