Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-25-2020, 07:51 AM   #1

Splendide Washer Drainage in 311FS

Model 311FS
The washer in our unit is overflowing the drain pipe. In debugging it we found the washer standing drain pipe has a rubber "gasket" toward the bottom of it.
Anyone familiar with this gasket and it's purpose?
Seems like the water is not flushing thru it properly and causing the overflow.
SCElias65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 07:32 PM   #2
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCElias65 View Post
Model 311FS
The washer in our unit is overflowing the drain pipe. In debugging it we found the washer standing drain pipe has a rubber "gasket" toward the bottom of it.
Anyone familiar with this gasket and it's purpose?
Seems like the water is not flushing thru it properly and causing the overflow.
Do you have a P-Trap in the drain line? If not, that may be a HepvO valve. They are used in place of a P-Trap. I have one under my shower and I know some people have them under their sinks. https://hepvo.com/

It uses a membrane valve to let water through and stop gases from coming the other way. If you snake it you just trashed it.

https://hepvo.com/installation-maintenance/

Ray
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HepvO.PNG
Views:	41
Size:	180.0 KB
ID:	237693  
Old 08-30-2020, 05:47 PM   #3

Hello, New at this RV'ing thing. Just got our used 311 FS and are totally digging it. However, when crawling under to look at the waste piping, everything looks straight forward to me. The small pipe with grey handle comes out of what I perceive is the waster water tank, and the larger pipe with black valve comes from a smaller tank which I perceive to be the black tank as it's pretty much under where the toilet is. Then there is another large pipe (3") that comes out to a black valve. But tracing this pipe back, it disappears into the belly of the coach. I'm seeing on here that the washer/dryer combo doesn't drain into a tank? Is that correct? Also, why is there a larger pipe and black handle? I thought the larger pipes/black handles were for black tank wastes. That's why I'm perplexed on this. Would like to verify this, so if anyone can help, it'd be much appreciated.
Thnks
booNstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 09:05 PM   #4
NXR

On mine the black tank (toilet) piping is about 3" while the gray tank is about 2". The Splendide should dump into the gray tank. I do not know why you would have three valves. Can you post a picture of them?

Can you also post a picture of what you found, that gasket thing?

Ray
Old 08-30-2020, 09:19 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by booNstu View Post
Hello, New at this RV'ing thing. Just got our used 311 FS and are totally digging it. However, when crawling under to look at the waste piping, everything looks straight forward to me. The small pipe with grey handle comes out of what I perceive is the waster water tank, and the larger pipe with black valve comes from a smaller tank which I perceive to be the black tank as it's pretty much under where the toilet is. Then there is another large pipe (3") that comes out to a black valve. But tracing this pipe back, it disappears into the belly of the coach. I'm seeing on here that the washer/dryer combo doesn't drain into a tank? Is that correct? Also, why is there a larger pipe and black handle? I thought the larger pipes/black handles were for black tank wastes. That's why I'm perplexed on this. Would like to verify this, so if anyone can help, it'd be much appreciated.
Thnks
Being as you're a Newbie, I'll just point out what you did here, posting your problem on top of someone elses post, this is call HighJacking a thread and it's kind of frown upon. Next time, Start a NEW THREAD with your problem and it will be easier for other to help you.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 09:45 PM   #6

Yeow! Certainly dont want to highjack or step on anyones toes. Thank you for the heads up TheWolfPac. Appreciated! My apologies.
booNstu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drain