Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2020, 09:39 PM   #1

Strange Water Leak Near Wet Bath Wooden Door Base

Hi All,

Just bought our first FR Rockwood HW276 (2013) and are thrilled to be a part of the community. Over the weekend, while touching up and cleaning our RV( with shore power connected and AC unit running - we’re in FL) I noticed a small amount of water logging happening on the base exterior wall of the wet bath. The wood paneling was absorbing most of it like a sponge, but I couldn’t figure out where it was coming from. No use of the wet bath or toilet during this time. AC and fridge were running. Decent amount of exterior water spray during washing.

Any thoughts?
HighWallinFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 12:31 AM   #2

First place I'd check would be the roof and you've got a lot of canvas and screen on that unit. Since you washed it with a decent amount of water spray, you could have a leak almost anywhere.

I'd try drying it out, perhaps using a dehumidifier, and see if you see the leak when you camp without washing.

If you had the water connected, there might be a plumbing leak, but I have no idea how to troubleshoot a wet bath.
Old 07-27-2020, 10:03 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverse_snowbird View Post
First place I'd check would be the roof and you've got a lot of canvas and screen on that unit. Since you washed it with a decent amount of water spray, you could have a leak almost anywhere.

I'd try drying it out, perhaps using a dehumidifier, and see if you see the leak when you camp without washing.

If you had the water connected, there might be a plumbing leak, but I have no idea how to troubleshoot a wet bath.
Thanks! I’ve had the windows unzipped and the AC fan blowing through it for a full day. Checked it this morning and it’s still present. Almost looks like condensation. Is it possible that there’s condensation happening from a holding tank that’s contacting the wood paneling?
Old 07-27-2020, 10:10 AM   #4

We had a leak in our bathroom that we thought was plumbing based but turned out to be the little doom skylight over the shower.
Travel Pooch:Sophie the Sato - Cats: Rhody and Hazy
2018:22nights / 2019:31Nights / 2020:18Nights
Mr Towed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 08:30 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighWallinFL View Post
Is it possible that there’s condensation happening from a holding tank that’s contacting the wood paneling?
Could be, but it's more likely that it's coming from above. Do you have your water unhooked and have you drained the water lines? When you drain the water lines, open the faucets and shower to get out any excess water.
Old 07-27-2020, 08:48 PM   #6

Thanks. I drained the grey water tank shortly after noticing the moisture, but it’s in the driveway and haven’t had the chance to explore black water. Very disappointing if someone sold me a dookie filled camper, but possible. It looked like the clean water holding tank is far away from this situation so wasn’t concerned there.

I’ll investigate leaks, seams, etc further when I lower the canopy again and check for any other water ingress points in the side as well. Maybe I blew some water spray in from a venting port?

The mystery remains, but I appreciate the suggestions thus far!
Old 07-28-2020, 12:37 AM   #7

[QUOTE=HighWallinFL;2377695It looked like the clean water holding tank is far away from this situation so wasn’t concerned there.

I’ll investigate leaks, seams, etc further when I lower the canopy again and check for any other water ingress points in the side as well. Maybe I blew some water spray in from a venting port?

The mystery remains, but I appreciate the suggestions thus far![/QUOTE]

My thinking was a bit different. If you have a leak from the wet bath, draining the faucets should help you isolate the problem Even if you didn't use it, if you pressurized the line, water could be leaking from a water line.

I guess it depends on how much water and if it continues. We had a leak under the shower, but it took us some time to find it. That's not your problem because you didn't use the shower, but my point is that water leaks are very difficult to track down. Good luck.

Tags
door, leak, water, water leak