Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2014, 07:26 PM   #1

Suburban Water Heater problem

We have the propane type currently and after reading what I have read not sure if I should still look at the electric options. Ours is not wanting to light. It will click about 6 times then just a poof, then will try about 3 or 4 more times before we hear a loud bang. Then it will try again and will almost always light. Like I stated almost always. We get a lot of faults on our panel from the water heater. Not sure what the problem is and wanted to see if anyone else may have a similar problem. Apparently this has been going on since the original owner of rig said they had the same problem from day one. We have tried leaving the door partially open, all the way open, closed and even made a cover over the vent to allow only air to come in from the top and bottom. Nothing seems to work. Any ideas?
RickHLisaMSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 07:41 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

First things first I'd recommend getting it into a dealer. Since you said "original owner" I'm assuming it's out of warranty. So it'll cost but a simple diagnostic shouldn't cost too much and bring a lot of peace of mind. Propane's not something you want to take chances with.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 09-21-2014, 07:49 PM   #3
Done with this

Look for spider webs that clog up the works where the gas goes in. Get one of those compressed air cans for the computer and blow the works out.

I'm a little too truthful, I guess.
Y'all have fun in "Fantasy Land".
4mula1fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heater, suburban, water, water heater