Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-30-2020, 06:10 PM   #1

System use & water pump

Have a 2019 Chap 360IBL. Had it for 1.5 years and always repairing little things on it. Latest is my water pump seems to be acting up. It seems louder, and sometimes not running when I think it should be

Water panel is attached. Assume we are hooked up to water at a campground. The way I understood it, even if your hooked up and the campground water is on, if you go to "system use", your going to be using your own freshwater supply.

If I go to "system use" (leaving CG water on), I can open a faucet and get normal campground pressure. Turning the water pump on or off does nothing different (it doesn't run, because the pressure is already there). If I shut the CG water off, the pump acts somewhat erratic.

To help with my troubleshooting, I'm turning to fellow owners! If your on "system use", CG water pressure should not enter your system... is that correct?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	my_water_panel.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	222.3 KB
ID:	242230  
parver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 04:32 PM   #2

On my A-frame, plumbing runs are quite short, and there is only the galley sink, cassette toilet feed, and outside shower for fixtures. And we experience pretty wide temp swings during towing sometimes. Result was if I pressurized the system early AM while filling the tank and water heater, I could get some pretty good water pressure built up by the time I arrived at the campsite in mid-afternoon. Water pump would not come on with the switch, and I would think it was not working. Also had issues with the fold-down faucet partially opening while trailering and soaking stuff we left in sink.

The cure was to turn pump off and release water pressure prior to trailering. I use the outside shower to do so. This has eliminated all issues. During setup, I turn the water pump on and re-pressurize the lines. No more problems.

Turning off the water pump and releasing the pressure while trailering has the added advantage of not having the water pump bucking city water pressure. If we connect to city water I just leave the pump off, and again release pressure before towing.

Fred W
2019 Flagstaff T21TBHW A-frame
2008 Hyundai Entourage minivan
camping Colorado and adjacent states one weekend at a time
pgandw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pump, water, water pump