Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2017, 08:40 PM   #1
GSlone

Tank Issue

Hey guys, on my last trip out I had two problems at tear down time. When I drove to the dump station I twisted off the cap to the waste lines and was met with a full release of the grey tank, the push pull handle was in the off position. I checked the cable all the way to the handle and there is an issue with it so I think my best bet is to just replace the cable and valve.

But the fun didn't stop there, after wearing part of the grey tank I opened up the black tank and nothing. The value appears to be working fine so I think it is a clog - any suggestions on best way to clear it?

What kind of luck is it to have two separate problems at the same time?
2009 Harley Davidson Street Glide
GSlone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 08:42 PM   #2
King of the Road

Water water and water.

2016 days camped = 91, 2017 days camped = 109
Dano1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 09:13 PM   #3

I would give this a try....https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-F02-...aste+clean+out
keith52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 05:53 PM   #4

I used TanktechsRx treatment and cleaning tool. Worked great.
Dryfly46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 06:01 PM   #5
Ret E-9 Anchor-clanker

Pour buckets of water down the toilet until you see it in the tube. This may give it enough statistic pressure to clear your clog. Be patient, the water pressure may take 5-10 minutes. If not, your could try a manual snake from the discharge (only as a last resort). I find it better to fill if not all ready full prior to dumping in all cases.
donanddona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 06:08 PM   #6

Like Keith 52 said. Valterra Flush King
jeff64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 06:16 PM   #7
Casey & Carolyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by donanddona View Post
Pour buckets of water down the toilet until you see it in the tube. This may give it enough statistic pressure to clear your clog. Be patient, the water pressure may take 5-10 minutes. If not, your could try a manual snake from the discharge (only as a last resort). I find it better to fill if not all ready full prior to dumping in all cases.
Be careful adding water through the toilet. My last trip out had and issue where the tank would not drain. Added water with the tank flush connection next added water through the toilet. Still would not drain. Went and purchased a one of those flush wands you attach to a garden hose and flush down through the toilet the stuff from the black tank was backing up in the toilet bowl. Baled the toilet out into a bucket using a cup. Dump bucket and flushed with wand again bailed some more dump bucket again kept this up for more than and hour and a half. Must have bailed at least 20 gallons out of the toilet before things finally broke loose and drained out the hose connected to the tank drain. Learned from this forum that we probably don't use enough water. Was not fun at all. But will make for good camping story some time down the road but not yet.
Casey r is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank