Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2020, 04:57 PM   #1

Tank question

We have a 2020 Vibe 28rl and we have our new rig at the lake for the 2nd time with about 5 people in it. We've been here about 4 days now and I checked the tanks this morning and I had empty grey tanks, since the valves are open, the black tank still reads empty and the fresh water tank reads 2/3 full which is not possible because no water has ever been put in it. So what gives???
Razorback Fans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 05:08 PM   #2

Welcome from New Jersey ,Do you happen to know the capacities of your tanks? My 1st camper has water in the fresh tank ,The dealer put it in to test things,I would close the grey towards the end of your trip so you can flush out your hoses, Does the Vibe have the shower miser? Have you dumped the black tank ? Do you have clear elbows on the drain hose so you can see what's coming out ?
Chris Pastuzyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 05:13 PM   #3
Befuddled wanderer

I don't know the specifics of your model RV or what options you have but I will tell you a story from mine that could possibly have happened to you. our shower has a water miser valve where you can turn the valve and the water will return to the fresh water tank. The idea is that you do that until the hot water gets to the shower. My daughter used that thinking she was turning the water off while she washed her hair. In reality, she was sending water from the hose hook up to the fresh water tank. Is it possible that someone in your group took a shower and did the same thing?

2020 Rockwood Ultra Light 2891 BH
1996 Dodge Ram 3500 dually 8.0L V10

"Si Quaeris Peninsulam Amoenam Circumspice"
cc102bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 05:38 PM   #4
Site Team - Lou

Also a possibility that since its a new camper, the fresh and black tank wire connections on the back of your display are switched. The fresh tank wire is blue and the black tank wire is brown.

Make sure you have a problem with the wires by verifying there is water in the fresh tank by opening the fresh tank drain before you start swapping them

Here is how the wiring is supposed to be connected and a troubleshooting guide for the generic system.

Hope this helps you troubleshoot your issue.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: pdf KIB Monitor Panel M21 Wireing Diagram.pdf (51.2 KB, 20 views)
File Type: pdf Micro Monitor Panel Troubleshooting.pdf (149.2 KB, 15 views)
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 06:10 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herk7769 View Post
Also a possibility that since its a new camper, the fresh and black tank wire connections on the back of your display are switched. The fresh tank wire is blue and the black tank wire is brown.

Make sure you have a problem with the wires by verifying there is water in the fresh tank by opening the fresh tank drain before you start swapping them

Here is how the wiring is supposed to be connected and a troubleshooting guide for the generic system.

X2

Bruce
Old 08-01-2020, 06:14 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Pastuzyn View Post
Welcome from New Jersey ,Do you happen to know the capacities of your tanks? My 1st camper has water in the fresh tank ,The dealer put it in to test things,I would close the grey towards the end of your trip so you can flush out your hoses, Does the Vibe have the shower miser? Have you dumped the black tank ? Do you have clear elbows on the drain hose so you can see what's coming out ?
The freshwater tank is 40g and the black is 30g. We take navy showers and try to use the campground bathroom as much as possible. No clear elbows and yes, I plan on closing the grey tanks soon to start collecting water prior to dumping in 2 days.
Old 08-01-2020, 06:18 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc102bob View Post
I don't know the specifics of your model RV or what options you have but I will tell you a story from mine that could possibly have happened to you. our shower has a water miser valve where you can turn the valve and the water will return to the fresh water tank. The idea is that you do that until the hot water gets to the shower. My daughter used that thinking she was turning the water off while she washed her hair. In reality, she was sending water from the hose hook up to the fresh water tank. Is it possible that someone in your group took a shower and did the same thing?
I am unfamiliar with a "shower miser". Now, we do have the shower head with the button to turn off the flow of water while you soap up like all other trailers have.
Old 08-01-2020, 06:21 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herk7769 View Post

This was my first thought, just a couple of switched wires.

Tags
tank