Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-03-2020, 09:03 AM   #1

Tank sensors

HI folks, Brand new RVers here and the grey water tank sensor on our 2021 Surveyor 19 failed to work. It is under warranty but before I haul the camper a couple of hours back to the deal I thought I would check for simple fixes. Any suggestions out there?
mgb1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 09:46 AM   #2
Site Team - Lou

Depending on your issue, I can help. What is going on with your sensors?
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 09:48 AM   #3
Pickin', Campin', Mason

I won't stand in the way of Lou's suggestions but will say tank sensors are notoriously incorrect and one of the most complained about features on any R/V forum.

You will learn to not depend on them.
Have you checked the wiring connections?

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 10:01 AM   #4

tanks sensors

Hi, The grey water sensor doesn't move off of empty. I am not sure where the tank is located or how to get to it. I did a little looking on utube and think I could trouble shoot if I could get to it. The black and fresh look like they are at least in the ball park.
Old 08-03-2020, 01:14 PM   #5
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgb1969 View Post
Hi, The grey water sensor doesn't move off of empty. I am not sure where the tank is located or how to get to it. I did a little looking on utube and think I could trouble shoot if I could get to it. The black and fresh look like they are at least in the ball park.
Could you take a picture of the wire connections on the back of your display? It is possible the wire on the display from the gray tank has broken. You are looking for the grey wire.

If that is ok, then you will need to swap the gray wire with the blue (fresh water tank) and see if the problem moves to the fresh water tank.

If it moves, the problem is at the tank and you will need to drop the Coreplast plastic belly covering to access the grey tank bottom (lowest) sensor (the tank ground) and see if the white ground wire has broken.

The ground stud should be the one at the lowest point and by itself on that side of the tank. (left in this photo)

The wiring diagram and trouble shooting procedures are attached.

Oh, don't forget to swap the wires behind the display back.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Horst Probe Install 012.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	362.0 KB
ID:	235524  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf KIB Monitor Panel M21 Wireing Diagram.pdf (51.2 KB, 22 views)
File Type: pdf Micro Monitor Panel Troubleshooting.pdf (149.2 KB, 28 views)
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 04:10 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
I won't stand in the way of Lou's suggestions but will say tank sensors are notoriously incorrect and one of the most complained about features on any R/V forum.

You will learn to not depend on them.
Have you checked the wiring connections?
Agree on that. I solved my frustration with them by replacing with the Valterra/Horst "miracle" probes. Last two trips they worked perfectly with no "early full" indications and immediately after dumping they showed empty.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 04:19 PM   #7

Surveyor tank problems.

Well I pulled this control panel out but everything is hard wired. I checked the connection and didn't see any problem. Short of cutting the wires is there a step two?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Surveyor control panel.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	235530  
Old 08-04-2020, 03:46 PM   #8
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgb1969 View Post
HI folks, Brand new RVers here and the grey water tank sensor on our 2021 Surveyor 19 failed to work. It is under warranty but before I haul the camper a couple of hours back to the deal I thought I would check for simple fixes. Any suggestions out there?
mgb1969,

We would be happy to assist you with your new Surveyor. Because your ongoing satisfaction is very important to us, we invite you to contact Danielle Beber in our Customer service department through the following personalized and direct link: https://www.forestriverinc.com/Direc...21558113594407.

This direct link is provided for your convenience in order that we may resolve your concerns as quickly as possible. We will strive to respond to you within 24 hours of receiving your correspondence.

Respectfully,
Forest River
ES_FR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank