Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-28-2022, 10:08 PM   #1

Tankless water heater

Getting luke warm water, I turned it off and back on. I reset to 124 degrees, tried couple different faucets fairly confident we have propane (oven works and burner for tankless water heater has blue flame) On controller for tankless heater where you set temperature, it shows operating temp it is only going up to 105 degrees. Any insight is greatly appreciated
Markmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 11:31 PM   #2

Which tankless water heater model? Also, what is the incoming water temp?
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 07:46 PM   #3

Good afternoon it is a Girard model GSWH-2 , water temp I’m guessing around 42 to 45 degrees. I believe you directed me in the right direction, I turn my heater on the holding tank. After 2 hours I tried hot water tank, it came up to temp of 120 degrees. Never have camped this late in the year was not familiar with what that tank heater was for. Thank you
Markmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 09:07 PM   #4

Glad that helpedl! I have the first generation Girard. Every March we stay at an RV park in Williams AZ and the incoming water temp is just above freezing. I don't have any tank heaters. Even on high (first generation just has high and low settings), we have to lower the flow so that the water heater stays on but water stays in the tankless long enough to warm up to tolerable shower temps It is just above a trickle
Now you have me thinking about adding a tank heater.....
Old 12-01-2022, 10:16 AM   #5

Not to hijack, but I have the same issue with the Furrion F2GWH in our Wolf Pup. Running the sink or shower it seems to top out at 105 degrees. The Girard and the Furrion look nearly identical and have the same BTU rating, are they really the same thing? I figured it was just not able to heat enough if the water was cold and the demand was high, but somewhat reassuring to know I'm not alone.
Old 12-01-2022, 10:27 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsherman26 View Post
Not to hijack, but I have the same issue with the Furrion F2GWH in our Wolf Pup. Running the sink or shower it seems to top out at 105 degrees. The Girard and the Furrion look nearly identical and have the same BTU rating, are they really the same thing? I figured it was just not able to heat enough if the water was cold and the demand was high, but somewhat reassuring to know I'm not alone.
Don't really know how similar they are, but all on-demand water heaters work on the same principal. The longer the water stays in the water heater, the hotter the water will be. So flow rate is important. The lower the flow, the hotter the water. And as far as cold incoming temps, the water heater can only heat up the water a certain number of degrees while it is travelling through. So very cold input will result in output that may not be as warm as desired. The opposite is true for very warm input. In the SW summer time we bave a hard time keeping the water temp cool enough to shower, so we have to open other faucets to increase flow rate and lower the temp.
Old 12-05-2022, 09:00 PM   #7

Not really dealing with OP's original problem, but I did have an issue with our Furrion tankless water heater last trip. 11pm, wife gets in shower, temp set at 120. She adjusts hot and cold, water heater display goes to like 140, scalding hot, then ice cold, back to scalding. Reset controls, same scenario.

I told her to shut off cold, then adjusted water heater control to a temp comfortable to her. Worked great. Apparently, everyone in the park getting showered for bed reduced the parks water pressure and flow, so when we turned on the cold, it took flow from the water heater and it dropped below minimum for the water heater.

Just something to keep in your mental toolbox....
2020 Chevy 2500HD 4x4 Gasser
and a couple of those Harley things
sold: 2021 Graywolf 22RR
Cruzrtwdgt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heater, tank, tankless, water, water heater