Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2014, 03:44 PM   #1

Tanks won't drain completely

I have been reading in the forums that people are saying that their tanks will drain about a cup of liquid after they have pulled the camper. I drained and flushed the tanks upon leaving the campground. I suspioned that the tanks did not completely drain. I stopped at a dump site on the way home and there was at least 5 gallon drained out of the tanks. The camper was level. Do I need to block up one side to get the tanks to drain completely?
Thank You
jjfjell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 03:49 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfjell View Post
I have been reading in the forums that people are saying that their tanks will drain about a cup of liquid after they have pulled the camper. I drained and flushed the tanks upon leaving the campground. I suspioned that the tanks did not completely drain. I stopped at a dump site on the way home and there was at least 5 gallon drained out of the tanks. The camper was level. Do I need to block up one side to get the tanks to drain completely?
Thank You
You should never completely drain your tanks anyway.
Especially the black tank.

You always want some water in there sloshing around "especially the black tank"

TURBS

"SABRE OWNERS UNITED"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 04:25 PM   #3

You didn't say what tank or tanks your sewer pipe was draining when you dumped again after leaving the cg. If your pull handle will not push in all the way or feels "mushy" when you push it, your cable may have too much slack in them. We have this problem but a fix was put in at the Frog rally in Goshen and at next years rally, tanks and gates will be repaired.

Dave
Western Golf and Country Cart (custom body, EZ-GO frame)
Arguing with some people is like trying to smell the color 9
Volvodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 06:53 PM   #4
Explorer

I would be upset if my tanks did not drain completely.
Believe it or not my sister had a camper where the 3inch plug that was cut out of the back water tank to install the potty was left in the tank. They were able to cut the plastic plug up and pull it out the drain. Crazy
I use a clear SureFlush elbow to be sure there is only clean water coming out of my tanks when I am done. Then I put 3-5gl of water and a throw in sanitizer in to the black tank to violently slosh down the road.
John
43yrs of camping; one lucky guy
YoungKopernik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 09:46 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungKopernik View Post
I would be upset if my tanks did not drain completely.
Believe it or not my sister had a camper where the 3inch plug that was cut out of the back water tank to install the potty was left in the tank. They were able to cut the plastic plug up and pull it out the drain. Crazy
I use a clear SureFlush elbow to be sure there is only clean water coming out of my tanks when I am done. Then I put 3-5gl of water and a throw in sanitizer in to the black tank to violently slosh down the road.
John
Hi John,

How was it discovered that your sister's tank had the 3 in plug left in the tank?

Curious, b/c we're also having trouble getting our tank to show as empty

~Michelle from Katy, TX
2014 Wildwood 231RBXL
Mrs Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 04:58 PM   #6
Explorer

Mrs Evans
Her story was: some times the tank would flow normal(to her), then some times it would drain very slowly and other times it wouldn’t drain completely. It was sporadic, a nuisance and she still had warranty so she took it in. The shop found the plastic plug and was able to cut it up to slide it out. This was my sisters first camper so she didn’t really know what normal was. She says it is much easier to dump now, everything flows quickly.
Truth is when she had told me about her problem I told her to stop using so much TP, use more water and be sure the whole family does that. My bad for not thinking it could be anything more than user error. Good for her to keep at tell it got resolved.
43yrs of camping; one lucky guy
YoungKopernik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 05:34 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungKopernik View Post
Mrs Evans
Her story was: some times the tank would flow normal(to her), then some times it would drain very slowly and other times it wouldn’t drain completely. It was sporadic, a nuisance and she still had warranty so she took it in. The shop found the plastic plug and was able to cut it up to slide it out. This was my sisters first camper so she didn’t really know what normal was. She says it is much easier to dump now, everything flows quickly.
Truth is when she had told me about her problem I told her to stop using so much TP, use more water and be sure the whole family does that. My bad for not thinking it could be anything more than user error. Good for her to keep at tell it got resolved.
Sounds like she is fortunate her dealer actually found the problem, not sure how many would have. We're going to try some other things before we go to the dealer about it, but I'll keep this in mind as a possibility. Thanks again
2014 Wildwood 231RBXL - Traded Her In
2016 Days Camped = 5; Reserved = 14 so far
2015 Days Camped = 24 / 2014 Days Camped = 23
Mrs Evans is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drain, tank