Old 08-13-2020, 11:38 AM   #1

Tecma macerator toilet inop

Our toilet stopped working (and wife is unhappy)
No lights
Not in sleep mode
Water is on
It's 12 V; all 12V fuses in PPlex panel show OK

Anyone had this problem before or any ideas?

Thanks
Old 09-20-2020, 09:16 AM   #2

I'm in the same boat, although mine has power. Seems our pump is the issue. It's repeatedly had issues with clogging, and not from "normal" use. I'm getting REALLY good at taking this thing apart, but unfortunately I can't seem to find anyone who has parts due to Covid. Talk about frustrating!
Old 09-20-2020, 09:56 AM   #3

Ours quit working shortly after we purchased the RV used. It would work normal then the lights would be on like normal but it wouldn't flush. Lots of research spent but no information found. I decided to replace the electronic switch & controller, not an easy job! We have had no issues since. I know you said that the lights are not on but I thought I would tell my experience. You may need to get to the controller & test for power & ground.Click image for larger version

Name:	20170727_191406.jpeg
Views:	19
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	239545Click image for larger version

Name:	20170727_191425.jpeg
Views:	20
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	239546Click image for larger version

Name:	20170727_191854.jpeg
Views:	18
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	239547

David & Mary Button - Ithaca NY
2011 Dynaquest XL 36' Freightliner
Cummins 330/1000
2009 Silverado 2500HD
2008 Corvette - 2011 BMW 335xi - Honda Valkyrie
dbutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 11:32 AM   #4

Thanks for sharing, guys.

I finally got to the bottom of my issue. Maybe my route will help others:

In asking FR for the location of the macerator breaker, they suggested I look in the coach battery bay. The breaker would be a only 40A in a strip of 7 mini-breakers - not found. Inverter and hydraulic bays, same result. FS then sent me a schematic which showed the breaker in a 7-strip fed from the house disconnect solenoid (which I found in the hyd bay). However, I did find a 2-breaker strip fed from and near the HDS in the hyd bay, which contained a 40A breaker. I assumed the 40A was macerator breaker - it checked OK.

Went to check the wiring at/behind the toilet for power and, in handling, my panel lights came back on and the toilet was back to working normally. I stopped at that point.

The problem might not be permanently solved but, if it happens again, I'll dig into it deeper at the toilet wiring.

I feel fortunate that my issue wasn't as bad as those you guys described. Sometimes it's the simplest things...
Old 09-21-2020, 07:57 AM   #5

All good info guys! My particular issues is a bit different. If you push the Flush button, (either one of them) the initial water runs, then when the motor is supposed to run you get nothing, then afterward you'll get the fill water. Each time I've had the issue I've taken the toilet out, and there was a clog at the impeller. (BTW, after the first issue we set a NO #2 rule. hahaha!) Until this latest incident, once the clog was cleared, it would work again, but now, no such luck. Ultimately this all likely started a couple of years back when a friend's child was kind enough to go through our cabinets, and take 3 of my daughters tampons and flush them down the toilet. I'm positive this is what started the motors turn for the worse. In that particular instance, the motor ran each time, but you could tell it there was something wrong. I'm pretty sure the poor thing was flushed 10+ times before I was ever told of the issue.... Now, I just want to find some parts!
Old 09-21-2020, 10:51 AM   #6
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juniorj View Post
If you push the Flush button, (either one of them) the initial water runs, then when the motor is supposed to run you get nothing, then afterward you'll get the fill water.
I had this happen earlier this year. Using a multimeter I determined that the motor was an open circuit. I vaguely recall it was a brown wire and white wire. I had power from the controller to those wires.

The motor should read roughly 2 ohms of resistance and mine was infinite.

Suspecting a brush problem, I took the handle of a screwdriver and thumped the assembly a few times. Firmly but not hammering it. The motor now read 2 ohms and the toilet flushed again. This happened a few times and we got the toilet replaced under warranty.

The Tecma is used for all #2 to help avoid a poop pyramid from the other toilet.

I have no desire in life to be an RV plumber, no matter how much money they make.

Ray