Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-11-2023, 12:03 PM   #21

Call Dometic. It’s a silent recall and they will send you a replacement, better model at no charge, according to MANY published reports.
Old 07-11-2023, 01:19 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNtraveler View Post
Call Dometic. It’s a silent recall and they will send you a replacement, better model at no charge, according to MANY published reports.
They sent my BIL a 310 replacement for the 300.
garywilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2023, 01:33 PM   #23

We are not the original owners of our Dometic 300. Yet they replaced our stinky one with the new version and we haven’t had any odors since. They wouldn’t let us upgrade to the 310 though.
2021 Days Camping 184
2022 Days Camping 126
2023 Days Camping 128
TwoKozy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2023, 01:37 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoKozy View Post
We are not the original owners of our Dometic 300. Yet they replaced our stinky one with the new version and we havenít had any odors since. They wouldnít let us upgrade to the 310 though.
In my experience, it seems to depend on who one speaks to a Dometic. Some will say the recall dates are passed, while others one may speak with may offer to send a replacement.

Anyway, I spend the $$ to get a nice new Dometic 310. We love it, especially the soft close lid. Again it bolts up and connects exactly like the junk 300 we took out and trashed.

Bob
Bob K4TAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2023, 01:51 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoKozy View Post
We are not the original owners of our Dometic 300. Yet they replaced our stinky one with the new version and we havenít had any odors since. They wouldnít let us upgrade to the 310 though.
I wonder if the 300 has a new and improved version?
garywilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2023, 02:54 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNtraveler View Post
Call Dometic. Itís a silent recall and they will send you a replacement, better model at no charge, according to MANY published reports.
Tried, but had no such luck. Seems they did for a couple years when the problem first surfaced, yet they continued to sell to the rv mfg who continued installing them. Customer service was the worst I've seen. I believe Dometic's sewer/waste division is a zero to minimally governed off shoot of the parent company.
Freetyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 04:40 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyDan View Post
The dometic 310 will fit in the place of your 300 and it won't smell. That is your answer.

My evil mind keeps thinking "What do these people do to break these toilets". I guess we are just lucky. Old well worn Lance Camper then a well used, not so well loved Weekend Warrior, then five seasons with a New FR Toy Hauler with the 300 and now a well used, but yet fairly well cared for 18 year old Diesel Pusher with a Dometic Sea/Land gravity toilet and KNOCK ON WOOD never a toilet issue.

Well unless maybe, when someone (surely not me) hooked park water to the Black tank flush and well, thank God the tank was well flushed when last used cause a Dometic 300 does not handle the black tank backing up under pressure.
NO MORE Tricked out
2017 Sandstorm 250 T.H.
Tom48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 10:07 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom48 View Post
My evil mind keeps thinking "What do these people do to break these toilets". I guess we are just lucky. Old well worn Lance Camper then a well used, not so well loved Weekend Warrior, then five seasons with a New FR Toy Hauler with the 300 and now a well used, but yet fairly well cared for 18 year old Diesel Pusher with a Dometic Sea/Land gravity toilet and KNOCK ON WOOD never a toilet issue.

Well unless maybe, when someone (surely not me) hooked park water to the Black tank flush and well, thank God the tank was well flushed when last used cause a Dometic 300 does not handle the black tank backing up under pressure.
I think there is an "unpublished" weight rating on the plastic parts. Especially if one is in the "quick step" mode and slides into base.

Bob
Bob K4TAX is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dometic, roo, roof, toilet, vent