Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-30-2012, 12:25 PM   #1
Ret E-9 Anchor-clanker

Thetford China 2 repair

Toilet bowl kept filling. Water valve not shutting completely. Got a new valve assembly from local RV parts store ($28.00). Yes the toilet had to come off the floor, but no wax ring. New kit came with new rubber floor seal. No, I did not have to seperate the bowl from stand and no I didn't have to stick my hand up inside the stand. First cover the bathroom floor with plastic and then towels, the toilet has water trapped inside. Lay the toilet on it's side and quickly pull the foot pedal up and off (snaps). The valve snaps out after turning, the valve and retainer is replaced with new. Inside the vater valve chamber is a rubber seal and conical spring and is replaced with new (remove with needle nose pliers). The instructions come with the kit and easy to follow. Only tools involved besides cleaning materials weere needle nose plyers and a 1/2" wrence. From start to finish it took me 50 mins. I rate this two stars

My 4 year old granddaughter helped so no time for those picks (sorry)....
donanddona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:50 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Good info!

Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:59 AM   #3
Wanna Be Camper

Nice write up.

Had to replace the valve in our foot flush unit too just prior to leaving for Indiana this summer. I do love the simplicity of the design.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote