Old 02-10-2017, 02:44 PM   #1

Thetford Model 42072

New 2017 Leprechaun with Thetford 42072 toilet. From day 1, bathroom began to stink with sewer smell. We are not newbies. Previous 43' fifth wheel with 2 bathrooms - no smell. Read all the Dometic toilet problem threads and checked the vent pipe. I have taken the toilet off and separated the bowl and the pedestal, but no fluid found. Perhaps the seal was not good? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

wkcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 02:52 PM   #2

Something to look for is a small vent in the toilet bowl that is to shunt water to the holding tank , should a seal leak and the bowl fill endlessly .

This must be filled with water in order to make what ever is used as a P trap function.

Perhaps?

FFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 02:03 PM   #3

Angry

Took the toilet apart, and no problems discovered. The inside looked clean. So, i reinstalled it this afternoon. The black tank is clean, so no smell right now. Grey tank is also dumped, so the mystery continues...
wkcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 02:08 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkcox View Post
Took the toilet apart, and no problems discovered. The inside looked clean. So, i reinstalled it this afternoon. The black tank is clean, so no smell right now. Grey tank is also dumped, so the mystery continues...
you may not be getting a good seal around toilet and flange . the rubber seals do not always seal and can allow some sewer smells out . i installed a wax seal on mine because the rubber seal all through did not leak when in use did allow some smell out . problem solved
northstar1960 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ford