Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-02-2021, 07:17 PM   #141

My thought is that if you are blowing out at the city line, it only takes a couple seconds to attach to the black flush after finishing the city line. A couple puffs of air into the black flush and you won't worry...
Old 11-03-2021, 09:37 AM   #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTnewbie View Post
Based on what you posted I am going to assume that the black tank flush out line simply drains into the black water tank and it does not keep any water in it. If any water was inside of the line it would not affect the PEX line connected to it. Is that so?

If that is the case, then how do I know the line is a PEX line? Just asking.
The line will go from the outside port to a anti-siphon valve then into the black tank. The valve must be mounted higher than the top of the toilet.

My valve is located under the bathroom sink which seems to be a common location. I can see the pex lines in and out of the valve. I recently saw a post from someone with a 5ver. The valve on that unit was in a storage compartment in the nose of the trailer. He was reporting a leak from the valve.

I'm not saying it is a bad idea to blow out the line, I do blow mine out. Just that you probably won't have a problem if you don't.

Note that lots of folks have had problems with the valve which is often plastic and have replaced them with brass versions.
S.E. Mich. Flagstaff 26FKWS / 2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost SCrew Propride
SailorSam20500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 05:30 PM   #143
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homebrew View Post
Pex pipes are not the problem, it’s the cheap plastic fitting and devices that fail when frozen for a few days.
Correct!
Unless you are positive there are no elbows or other connections that could hold water there 'could' be issues.

PEX expansion is forgiving during the freeze/thaw process. Rigid plastic connections, not so much.

This is also the reason we see P-traps break. Many believe they can safely freeze because they are open ended on both sides allowing the water to push up as it freezes. Unfortunately in the real world, as the P-trap freezes, it begins to freeze around the outer part of the pipe first, leaving the core liquid to freeze last. Once it gets cold enough for the core liquid to freeze, it expands and pushes outward on the already frozen outer water and busts the pipe. X-ray testing in freezing conditions has proven this many times over.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=86
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
question