Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-30-2018, 02:45 PM   #1

toilet leak

Had a toilet water leak on my 2017 avenger ati 27rks, while camping. water coming down the water supply line. called my rv dealer, he said water valve probably leaking. bought $50.00 valve for my thetford aqua magic. installed, still leaking, removed valve while supply like still hooked up, water leaking where supply line was pex clamped to pex fitting. well, supply line was a flexible 1/2" line which is larger than 1/2" pex. no wonder it leaked, wrong type line attached to pex fitting. was able to tighten pex clamp with a set of dikes, to stop leak. supply line is the size designed for a barb fitting. see photo of what I did to fix problem, rv dealer did state that if I did a fix, to add a ball valve in case future leak of the water valve. so I wouldn't have to shut off water to the whole trailer. another design fault by PrimeTime who makes the Avenger line. lines in photo show the cut portion of the supply line and how much it was crimped down to fit the pex fitting
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	VALVE1.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	230.9 KB
ID:	192410  
tohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 05:23 PM   #2

I put a quarter turn shutoff and a faucet supply line to mine

Tags
leak