RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 07-16-2020, 01:24 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWDiver View Post
Use whatever paper you want , lol. We use a small garbage can with a bag and donít put the TP in the toilet, dispose of the bag into trash bin daily.
Boy that is disgusting and gross . the tp will not hurt the tank anymore then what goes in before the tp .
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 01:26 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin79 View Post
What toilet paper is good for campers? Iíd prefer to not pay the premium for ďrvĒ toilet paper. Is the members mark toilet paper from Sams Club good?
I use scotts 1000 seems to work very well and never issues in 6 yrs . i have used the thicker brands and seems to need for more water per flush to prevent the pile up
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 01:40 PM   #23

We started with the Costco from home.

All was swell the first trip.

The second trip not so much.

Tried to drain the tank. Opened the valve and nothing came out. I know there was "material in there" Put it there my self.

Flushed the tank repeatedly for an hour. Not so good still. Traveled with the tank full for 6 hours. Next stop went swimmingly. Healed itself I guess.

Switched to Sotts rv paper from Wally world. All is coming out swell now. Fine paper.

Learned to ignore the level indicators. Dump every 7 days.

We put some dawn and calgon in the tank after emptying. Also collect dish water for several days and add it to the blank tank. I think some folks do not add enough water.
tomkatb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 01:58 PM   #24

The results surprised me a bit... but it does make sense that a septic safe tissue would be made to break down easily. We've used the rv toilet paper and have never been happy with it.
Old 07-16-2020, 06:13 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
I'll agree... a can of worms!

Here's my addition to the worm can... We've used the same TP in the R/V we have used in the house for close 40 years. Charmin.

Never an issue.

I've lived on a farm, waded in cow crap up to my knees, been inside slurry pits and septic tanks but I'd be absolutely embarrassed if I was at someone's home, sat down on a toilet next to a trash can with used toilet paper in it and be expected to do the same. I threw up in my mouth a little just thinking about it.

Just use enough water and you'll not have issues flushing/dumping.

Worm can overflowing...
When I got out of High School I worked in a Gas Station for a while. Had to clean the restrooms every day I worked there. I would have been HAPPY if some people had put their used toilet paper in a waste can. Instead we had people that merely threw it on the floor and a few even more "creative" with their methods.

Some days I just took the towel dispenser and TP rolls out of the rest room and went back in with a hose and broom. Flushed everything (pun intended) out and down the drain in the parking lot .

As for my contribution to what TP I use in the Trailer? Whatever is on the hangar or in the cupboard. Usually whatever is in the house and I pretty much buy whatever I feel like as long as it's 2-ply. I just want something that's "fanny approved".

Plenty of water when flushing the toilet and it all flows out when I dump the tank. Been that way since my first TT, a 1972 Prowler.

I find that

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2004 Nissan Titan
TitanMike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 06:20 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
I've lived on a farm, waded in cow crap up to my knees,.
My least favorite time on the farm was milking cows in the spring right after they got out into the fresh grass.

We didn't have a milking parlor, we used Surge milking machines that hung from the cow and we had to hand strip when the machine finished.

You learned real quick to keep your head tight against the side of the cow while stripping or you ended up with a "Green Mustache" when the tip of the cow's tail wrapped around your head as she'd swat at you.

One of those "it only takes once to learn your lesson" incidents.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2004 Nissan Titan
TitanMike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 06:24 PM   #27

Just unscrew the shower head from the shower hose. Instant bidet! \

I'm totally joking!
NavyLCDR is offline   Reply With Quote