RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 11-27-2020, 07:57 AM   #1

Toilet smell and noise when flushing

I woke up smelling crap in our bathroom of our new Rockwood 2607s. We have only done number one, never number two, and we are on our first month of use. I dumped both tanks and turned on the water to flush the black tank. The Dometic 300 tank was shaking and we heard loud noise coming from the wall. What is happening?
Thanks
dbsfgiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 09:40 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbsfgiants View Post
I woke up smelling crap in our bathroom of our new Rockwood 2607s. We have only done number one, never number two, and we are on our first month of use. I dumped both tanks and turned on the water to flush the black tank. The Dometic 300 tank was shaking and we heard loud noise coming from the wall. What is happening?
Thanks
The tank flush device is often a spinning nozzle inside the tank and as it spins the water jet hits the wall of the holding tank. It can, depending on pressure, the jet will cause the surfaces it hits to vibrate. Noise and visible movement (if you're looking) can be the the result.

As for 'smelling crap' is it possible that someone committed a social offense and their flatulence left the fragrance of "numero dos"?

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2004 Nissan Titan
TitanMike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 09:53 PM   #3

You might look to the gray tank or tanks they can smell very bad and be mistaken for the black tank.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 06:22 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
You might look to the gray tank or tanks they can smell very bad and be mistaken for the black tank.
Yup!

Then replace the bad air admittance valve that is allowing this stink to enter your RV.

Bruce
Old 11-28-2020, 04:23 PM   #5

Donít forget to use tank treatment, I use Happy Camper works great
Danesville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 04:33 PM   #6
Dahagen

I don't see how you can not do #2 when camping.
dahagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 05:34 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahagen View Post
I know some folks that save that business for only the CG bathrooms. They feel it keeps the stink down and easier to clean/dump. Plus the OP is only on their first month of use give it time. I bet he hasn't put any treatment into either of his tanks since he started using it like danesville suggested.
dmctlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 07:10 PM   #8

The Dometic 300 has a problem with liquid leaking past seals from inside bowl to outside bowl do a search for Dometic 300 toilet. There is a 2 year warranty on the toilet. I was able to get my phone camera into the opening at the back of the toilet where the flush tube goes in and get a picture of it. After sits for a few trips it sure smells.
BDenn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 09:10 PM   #9

If you call Dometic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDenn View Post
The Dometic 300 has a problem with liquid leaking past seals from inside bowl to outside bowl do a search for Dometic 300 toilet. There is a 2 year warranty on the toilet. I was able to get my phone camera into the opening at the back of the toilet where the flush tube goes in and get a picture of it. After sits for a few trips it sure smells.
If you report the problem to Dometic, they will offer you $75 off on a Dometic 310, a much better product that is an exact-fit replacement.

Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 10:41 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbsfgiants View Post
Thanks

I think maybe someone let one slip in the toilet. Anyways, always treat the black tank and us it as intended.

My mother in law actually would make her husband go to the bath house to poop yet she could use the tt toilet.
She also said when he spit in the sink after brushing his teeth that he caused an odor in the sink. again
campers302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 04:44 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by campers302 View Post

My mother in law actually would make her husband go to the bath house to poop yet she could use the tt toilet.
Maybe he forgot to lift the seat one night (or forgot to put it back down) and this was his punishment

2004 Nissan Titan
Old 11-30-2020, 12:31 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahagen View Post
Consume 1 military MRE, Meal Refusing to Exit, - I mean Meal Ready to Eat, and I can camp for a week with no #2.
NavyLCDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 05:19 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
Consume 1 military MRE, Meal Refusing to Exit, - I mean Meal Ready to Eat, and I can camp for a week with no #2.
I can still hear a Drill Sergeant screaming "the Army doesn't pay you soldier to sit on the pot"!!!! Maybe that's why they developed MRE's.

2004 Nissan Titan

Tags
flush, noise