RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 11-09-2020, 08:04 PM   #21

Had that problem with one of our RV's.......Simple solution!!!!!!!

Go to your local grocery store and to the "baking supply isle""""
Purchase a bottle of "red" and a bottle of "blue" food coloring
Pour one down the galley sink and the other down the bathroom sink.....

Open your valves to dump and problem solved!!!
Jim in Halifax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 12:28 AM   #22

Tank handles

All 3 of my dump tank handle's are black. I have 1 for kitchen, 1 for shower and sink and 1 for toilet(black tank)
SLU2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 09:58 AM   #23
Head Rambler

That unit has 2 grey tanks. In your picture the leftmost handle is for the black tank, the middle handle is for the bath grey tank and the rightmost handle is for the galley tank.

Having said that, the best thing to do is empty all the tanks and add water to one fixture (i.e. the toilet) and see which handle drains the water out. Then repeat the process with each fixture until you've worked through all the fixtures and tanks.
Old 11-10-2020, 10:54 AM   #24

As others have mentioned, 2 gray tanks and one black. Our Arctic Wolf also has 2 gray, but for us, it wasnt challenging because one of the gray tanks dumps at the rear of the trailer (all by itself), the other dumps at the front (with the black). With that said though, I can understand the confusion based strictly on the handle color, as well as the diameter of the pipes.

At the front of the trailer, our gray is a smaller (maybe 2" pipe) with a gray handle, and that connects to the sewer outlet pipe (3.5" diameter, there about, just like the black tank, basically the gray just joins the existing black tank outlet). But at the rear of the trailer (the gray galley tank) it looks exactly like the traditional black tank. Black handle, 3.5" diameter pipe, etc (which I assume is by design, because the sewer hoses are that size already). But ours are marked "Black", "Gray", "Galley"

Old 11-16-2020, 08:12 PM   #25

On ours, there is three also, 1 is kitchen sink, 1 is all other grey water, 1 usually the one that is straight is black water.
wnew813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 09:23 PM   #26

Arctic Wolf follows a standard floor plan layout. The front bathrooms are all pretty much the same layout, the kitchen just depends on location of the sink, but the tank is still in the same location. On my 3660 the first lever on the left is the grey tank, the middle lever is the black, and on the far right on the opposite side of discharge is the kitchen grey tank.

You can confirm by looking in the road side passthrough for the pipes for the sink and shower. If they run straight down in that area, then the grey tank would be the far left lever, if the aren't in there, then it is possible the black tank is in front, but that would also mean the toilet runs through at least one 90* if not two to reach the tank. In the ones I looked at, 298LB and the one we bought, the sink is directly over the passthrough, can't imagine it would be any different in your model.

There should be a panel on the right in that pass through to get to the water heater and winterizing valve, and in there you will find the shower drain. I would snap a pic of what to look for, but my trailer is being serviced, still, haven't heard from them on what they are doing to make the slide seal meet up with the slide side when fully open yet.
Bhrava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 09:27 PM   #27

Let me get in on the fun. We have 2 black levers and 1 grey. Grey for grey tank. One black for black tank and the other black lever for washer/dryer combo, and it must be open when using washer. Plus a black lever on other side of MH, also for black tank, in case cross over pipe should get damaged. Ron
Old 11-16-2020, 09:59 PM   #28

Well actually on my trailer, all the levers are black, none are grey, even for the kitchen tank.
Bhrava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 12:23 AM   #29

You can easily find out by using a clear elbow when dumping your tanks. Just dump one at a time.
I would definitely suggest getting an external tank valve. There is nothing worse than opening the outside cap and dump water comes out. This one will just screw on over the existing valve. I put silicone mine on to stay on.

https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-T58-...5590406&sr=8-9
Jim S JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 07:38 AM   #30

Once upon a time, kitchen sink water was considered black, because of the grease and small food scraps that get washed down the sink. We had a '90s Kit Road Ranger where the kitchen sink drained into the black water tank. Grey water was bathroom sink and shower only.
It looks like you have two "black" tanks one for the kitchen the other for the toilet, and a single "grey" tank for the shower and bathroom sink.
Running water through each system separately, as suggested above will tell the tail.
dlambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 07:46 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceinspp View Post
I see 2 levers that are black and it could be they installed the wrong handle on one of the gray tank, and one grey. One grey is for bath room water and the other for kitchen sink. I would say the far left black lever is for the waste tank. Black lever is for waste tank for bathroom stool. You can check by running water down bathroom sink and also kitchen sink. pull the gray one first then go to the next one to it that is black put a bucket under just in case but I'm betting its gray water pull lever. Later RJD
Agreed. Left to right left black, middle grey right galley
purplblur08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 04:40 PM   #32

Black Levers

My Thor freedom Elite has two black levers, and there is a reason for it. The black tank is on the passenger side, and there is a long pipe that traverses the width of the motorhome to the driver side where the drain is. In the invent that you hit a rock and the long pipe is punctured, the black tank lever being shut on the passenger side will prevent any leakage. I am not necessarily happy with that configuration, but apparently that was the only way they could balance out the motorhome with the slide out on the left side. At least that is my best guess. I am thinking of adding the automatic (electrically operated) tank valves to my rig.
wyz3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 05:47 PM   #33

Another reason I discovered for the valve at the outlet of the tank was that the tank has a heat pad and the pipe is not heated. So the pipe that runs across could freeze if there is stuff in it.
markb422 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, black tank, tank