Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-07-2021, 06:37 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterB View Post
Thanks for your idea here NavyLCDR. I just need a bit more information. I have the adaptor from shower hose to freshwater garden hose. I have a 6 gallon can for transporting potable freshwater. What is my next move?
You would connect one end of your freshwater garden hose to the outside shower hose, and the other end goes to the fresh water tank fill connector. You put the antifreeze suction hose into the 6 gallon can of freshwater. There is either 1 three-way valve or 2 on-off valves that you would change so the fresh water pump is sucking from the antifreeze hose instead of the fresh water tank. Turn the pump on. Once it pressurizes the system it should shut itself off. Then open the outside shower faucets to fill the fresh water tank.
NavyLCDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 07:07 PM   #62

This worked for me

Last summer we took our 2010 sprinter select 31 BH on a cross country trip (Phenix City AL to Seattle and return. We spent most of our time in National Forests. Camper carried 47 gallons which we kept full even when trailering. We carried two Aqua Tainer 7 gallon water jugs. When we needed to refresh the tank we hoisted it up on our step ladder, connected a blue camco water bandit to the spout and a camco gravity water fill to that. Once it was all connected we just tilted the Aqua tainer over and refilled. Took about three minutes or less to set up.
Robotics Team Coach
2022 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2891BH
2019 Ram 2500 Bighorn Mega Cab 6.7 Diesel
jdunkmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 12:17 PM   #63

How does one sanitize a drill pump and maintain the needed lubrication of the motor?
WalterB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 12:45 PM   #64

Just run some water through it first to flush it? I wouldn’t overthink it.
Tombsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 01:07 PM   #65

Quote:
How does one sanitize a drill pump and maintain the needed lubrication of the motor?
I think I'm missing something here. Wouldn't the motor of a drill pump be the motor on the drill? I've never lubricated the motor on a drill before.
NavyLCDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 01:22 PM   #66
Trailer Park Supervisor

Quote:
Run dilute bleach solution through the pump just like you would to sanitize plumbing. But unless the pump states it is food safe, it is not.
NJKris is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank, water