Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2018, 09:00 AM   #1

Turning the Toilet...

Our trailer has the toilet square to all of the walls in the bathroom. The newer model now has it at a 45 degree angle from the walls...

How is the plumbing into the black tank mounted? Is turning the toilet 45 degrees an option or is everything glued together? The water line would have to be extended but thats a simple thing...

Any thoughts or experience??

Trailer is a 2017 Vibe 308BHS... I've seen the toilets in them mounted in BOTH positions...

Thanks!!
Four22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 09:29 AM   #2
Certified Curmudgeon

I’ll start by stating that there are many types of mounting systems.
The most common is a flange with a pipe attached (screw on or glued) that goes straight down into the holding tank. (how it goes into the holding tank is a whole different issue).
The flange is screwed to the floor. Some flanges are slotted and will allow about 10% turn but the bolts really should be all the way on. Then there is a gasket between the bowl base and the flange. You MAY be able to unscrew the flange and turn it 45% then screw it back on. I suggest that you exercise great care if you try. You do not want to pull the pipe out of the tank or break the collar/seal.